Acon Digital Media has announced the release of Acoustica 4.1 and Acoustica Premium 4.1. The update introduces several new features ranging from a new integrated Batch Processing Wizard and a guitar distortion effect to MIDI sampler loop support and FreeDB data base look-up during CD ripping. Exclusive for the Premium version is a multi-band compressor with four bands which completes the range of integrated mastering tools and effects to allow users to accomplish professional mastering tasks out of the box.
The new Batch Processing Wizard allows file format and sample format conversions of multiple files or complete folder structures with a minimum of mouse clicks. The files can also be processed with internal tools and effects as well as with DirectX or VST plug-ins. MIDI sampler loops are now easily defined through a new menu entry with keyboard short cut. Loops can optionally be cross-faded automatically to eliminate clicks in the loop transitions.
- Multi-band compressor (only in Acoustica Premium 4.1): Get more presence and perceived loudness out of your recordings using the new multi-band compressor.
- Enhanced de-crackle (only in Acoustica Premium 4.1): The integrated de-click and de-crackle tool was improved and contains a new parameter for crackle sensitivity.
- Batch Processing Wizard: Convert file formats, change sampling format or process multiple files using the new Batch Processing Wizard.
- FreeDB support: Download artist and title information from the internet when ripping CDs.
- Define loops for MIDI samplers in wave files: Create sampler compatible wave files with looping information.
- Create cross-faded loops: Get rid of clicks when loops are repeated with the loop cross-fader.
- Selection grid lines.
- Enhanced mixing with clipboard content.
- A single keyboard shortcut adds named regions and labels: Ctrl+R and Ctrl+L open a dialog box that allows the name of a new region or label to be defined.
- Guitar Distortion: Add guitar amplifier fuzz and distortion.
Price and Availability
Acoustica 4.1 is available for $39.90 and Acoustica Premium 4.1 for $119.90 through electronic delivery on the Acon Digital Media web site. The update is free for registered Acoustica 4 and Acoustica Premium 4 customers. There are also free 30-day trials available.
11 Dec 2013 Acon Digital updates Verberate to v1.0.2
15 Nov 2013 Acon Digital updates Restoration Suite to v1.1.0
09 Sep 2013 Acon Digital updates Acoustica to v6.0.12
26 Jul 2013 Acon Digital updates Acoustica to v6.0.10
26 Jun 2013 Acon Digital updates Restoration Suite to v1.0.4
29 Jan 2013 Acon Digital updates Acoustica to v5.0.63
06 Dec 2012 Acon Digital updates Acoustica to v5.0.60
07 Sep 2012 Acon Digital updates Acoustica to v5.0.59
15 May 2012 Acon Digital updates Acoustica to v5.0.51
15 Mar 2012 Acon Digital updates Acoustica to v5.0.46
20 Jan 2012 Acon Digital updates Acoustica to 5.0.43
18 Nov 2010 Acon Digital Media releases Acoustica 5
18 Jul 2008 Acon Digital Media releases AudioLava Premium