22nd September 2006
Acon Digital Media has announced the public release of EffectChainer v1.0, a free DirectX and VST capable universal wrapper and multi-effect rack. With EffectChainer you can load, edit and chain as many DirectX and VST plug-ins you want. EffectChainer itself can be used as a plug-in in any host application supporting DirectX or VST.
- Universal wrapper and multi-effect rack.
- Use DirectX plug-ins in applications supporting only VST plug-ins.
- Use VST plug-ins in applications supporting only DirectX plug-ins.
- Load as many plug-ins your computer can handle.
- Processes audio successively by all loaded and active effects.
- Supports mono and stereo inputs / outputs.
- Easy to use interface providing access to all features (effect menu, options menu, mute / solo functions, drag & drop to change effect order, editor access).
- Effect editor including complete parameter and program (VST) / preset (DirectX) handling.
- Possibility to save and load chains in the Acon Effect Chain file format, the common VST program / bank system or as static presets (DirectX version).
- Share effect chain files across different applications.
EffectChainer is available for Windows and it is free.