20th January 2014
Acoustica has announced the release of AeroMIDI, new 3D MIDI controller software for Mac OS X and Windows. AeroMIDI allows users to trigger notes and MIDI continuous controller messages with hand and finger movements in 3D space.
AeroMIDI enables control of six expression parameters using only one hand, or use both hands and control up to 12 simultaneous expression parameters. User-defined virtual spaces called "cubes" and "zones" allow easy triggering of events, beats or notes. Perform a gesture, such as a two-fingered swipe to the left, and suddenly you've enabled a whole new mode or set of expression controls and MIDI actions.
Simply plug a Leap Motion Controller into a USB port, load and install the AeroMIDI software, and start your MIDI software or external synthesizer. AeroMIDI then sends controller data and notes to MIDI software or external hardware. Control synthesizers, lighting rigs, visualizers, DAWs, effects, virtual instruments, and any other MIDI-capable hardware or software with AeroMIDI.
Product features and benefits:
- Gestures translate hand movements with very low latency.
- Translate hand & finger movements and rotation to MIDI controller data with very low latency.
- Play notes by moving or rotating hands.
- Configurable virtual 3D cubes let you build your own custom controller interface.
- Simultaneously control MIDI expression parameters in three dimensions, including hand rotation.
- Windows- and Mac-compatible (Windows 7+ and Mac OS X 10.6+).
- Requires the Leap Motion Controller (Support for other 3D input devices coming soon).
- Works with all MIDI software, hardware and DAWs, including Acoustica's Mixcraft 6.
Dependent on MIDI software or hardware used, AeroMIDI may be used to:
- Start and stop (retrigger) music loops via gestures.
- Beat juggle by moving or rotating hands.
- Control any synthesizer or effect parameters such as resonance, glide or a dubstep wobble.
- Control MIDI-enabled lighting equipment and visuals.
- Play notes and chords.
- The sky's the limit.
You can visit Acoustica at Winter NAMM at Booth 6428, Hall A for a one-on-one demonstration.
22 Oct 2013 Acoustica updates Mixcraft 6 to v6.1 b217
09 Apr 2013 Acoustica updates Mixcraft 6 to v6.1 b213
04 Jan 2013 Acoustica updates Mixcraft 6 to v6.1 b204
18 Sep 2012 Acoustica updates Mixcraft 6 to v6.1 b201
13 Sep 2012 Acoustica updates Mixcraft 6 to v6.0 b199
29 Jun 2012 Acoustica updates Mixcraft 6 to v6.0 b191
12 Jun 2012 Acoustica updates Mixcraft 6 to v6.0 b188
16 May 2012 Acoustica releases Mixcraft v6.0
14 Feb 2011 Acoustica updates Mixcraft to v5.2 b152
06 Feb 2011 Acoustica updates Mixcraft to v5.2 b151
23 May 2010 Acoustica updates Mixcraft to v5.1 b139
21 Feb 2010 Acoustica releases Mixcraft 5
07 Dec 2009 Acoustica releases Mixcraft 5 Public Beta
06 May 2009 Acoustica updates Mixcraft to v4.5 b118
29 Apr 2009 Acoustica updates Mixcraft to v4.5 b117
20 Mar 2009 Acoustica updates Mixcraft to v4.5 b116
13 Mar 2009 Acoustica updates Mixcraft to v4.5 b114
22 Jan 2009 Acoustica updates Pianissimo to v1.0 build 12