31st March 2009
Acousticas has announced the release of its new Lexicon 224XL Impulse Response Library, which consists of 597 Unique Impulse Responses sorted into 7 categories containing well organized presets for easy recall.
Recording this machine was not as easy as Acousticas' earlier libraries as they had to come up with customized stimulus signals to be able to record it correctly. Besides locating a unit in mint condition, it took them two whole months to record and post process each and every Impulse Response.
The unit has been recorded analog with the L224XL converters and not digitally. The Core Library has been divided into 7 different categories:
- Hall 01: 87 Unique IRs, made with a general Hall setting. This version is appropriate for all applications.
- Hall 02: 87 Unique IRs, made with another General Hall setting. This version is appropriate for all applications.
- Vocal: 87 Unique IRs, made with Vocal Applications in mind. Reflection Delays have been carefully programmed to widen and "stereoize" the image. The reverb tail is slightly lowered but very audible. You may want to fine tune the Earlies vs. Wet volumes within your convolution reverb in order to fine tune the IRs to your liking.
- Orchestral: 87 Unique IRs, made with Orchestral Instrument Application in mind. It is great for all instrumental applications as well.
- Plate 01: 93 Unique IRs, made with a short plate algorithm with Percussive Application in mind. The reverb times on this version are ranging, closely followed by each other, between 0.40 to 2.00 Seconds.
- Plate 02: 87 Unique IRs, made with a general plate algorithm for a wide range of application.
- Ambience: 69 Unique IRs, made with an ultra short setting. Reverb Times ranging from 0.20 to 1.30 Seconds. This library is capable of producing great stereo imaging. Additionally this version is good for Mastering.
Pricing & Compatibility
Besides being compatible with any convolution reverb, capable of reading .wav files, Acousticas offer proprietary* preset support for the following plug-ins on both Mac and Windows platforms: Altiverb, IR1 & IRL, Revolver, TL-Space, Space Designer, Structure, Kontakt 2 and Kontakt 3.
Pro Tools and Logic users receive presets for Short Delay II & Modulation Delay, respectively, which emulates the modulation of the actual device. User of other DAWS are provided with the information of how to re-create the modulation within their choice of DAW.
The price is €79.
* Proprietary preset support translations: No need for importation of the Impulse Response. It will load up directly within the plug-in.
30 Jun 2009 Acousticas releases Lexicon 480 IR Library
15 May 2013 Sonokinetic releases "Accordion" for Kontakt