25th March 2011
AcousticsampleS has announced the release of Balani. It costs €34 and is available for Kontakt (2, 3 and 4), EXS and the included AcousticsampleS ASPlayer plug-in (VST and Audio Unit for Mac OS X and VST for Windows).
Balani is a 2 1/2 octave balafon (or balaphon) with small calabash resonators form Guinea. It originally plays a B major scale and has been extended for this library.
- Recorded at 88.2khz 24bits, downsampled to 44.1khz 24bits.
- 230Mb sample bank, no loops, 967 samples.
- 12 velocity layers per note.
- 4 round robins to avoid the machine gun effect (so 48 samples per note).
- Both original and corrected tunings are available for a traditional or contemporary sound.
- Available for Kontakt (2, 3 and 4), EXS and the included ASPlayer plug-in (VST and Audio Unit for Mac OS X and VST for Windows).
- The Kontakt version features a manual tuning table to allow you to tune it your way.