6th October 2009
AcousticsampleS has announced the release of Kawai-EX, a Kontakt format sample Library of a 9-foot Kawai EX concert grand piano that used to be in the Kennedy center in Washington DC. This Library is the result of a collaboration with Lance Herring.
Features / details:
- 17.49 GB sample bank. No loops. Recorded at 24-Bit / 48 Khz.
- 5 "pedal up" layers; 5 "pedal down" layers; 15 release samples per note.
- Multiple mic position and mixing from the interface.
- Multiple releases depending on time. They have been carefully picked up for each note to really reproduce the real mechanical behaviour of a note.
- Sympathetic resonance (pedal down samples).
- Thumps samples and Automatic Pedal noises samples.
- Custom Kontakt interface that lets you modify the response of the piano as well as its tone and the volume of the releases and the pedal.
- Ability to save polyphony by enabling / disabling each position.
- Compatible with Kontakt 3 (optimized for Kontakt 3.5).
There is also the Lite version that has less features:
- 4 "pedal up" layers; 4 "pedal down" layers; 4 release samples per note.
- Only one microphone position - the player one.
Pricing & Availability
Kontakt 3+ is required. The Pro version costs €89; the Lite version costs €59. Upgrade from Lite to Pro costs €59.
27 Dec 2012 Acousticsamples releases Petit Piano (UVI)
17 Dec 2012 Acousticsamples Xmas Sale: 30% Off
14 Sep 2012 Acousticsamples releases Urban Drums
05 Aug 2012 Acousticsamples announces 2012 Summer Sale
18 Jul 2011 AcousticsampleS updates E-Pian and VibysM
13 Dec 2010 AcousticsampleS announces 2010 Xmas Sale
22 Jul 2010 AcousticsampleS announces Summer Sale
31 Mar 2010 AcousticsampleS releases Elektron for Kontakt
21 Jan 2010 AcousticsampleS releases Marchin' for Kontakt
24 May 2013 AudioThing releases "Glass" for Kontakt
22 May 2013 dboxSamples releases "dmoox" for Kontakt
15 May 2013 Sonokinetic releases "Accordion" for Kontakt