8th January 2007
Acustica Audio has released Nebula2 Free, a free VST effect plug-in for Windows that uses "Volterra Kernel" series inspired technology and is capable of emulating numerous types of audio equipment, ranging from equalisers, filters, microphones, preamps, compressors, and reverbs. However the list of the types of emulable equipment is considerably larger than the aforementioned listing, as Nebula2 is also capable of replicating generic time-variant processors and effects such as flangers, phasers, and choruses.
- Dynamic Range: 192.5 dB.
- Frequency Rates: 6Khz, 8Khz, 11.025Khz, 14Khz, 16Khz, 22.05Khz, 24Khz, 32Khz, 44.1Khz, 48Khz, 60Khz, 64Khz, 70Khz, 77Khz, 88.2Khz, 96Khz, 176.4Khz, 192Khz, 352.8Khz, 384Khz.
- Harmonic Orders: Program-dependent: 0 to 4.
- Internal Bit Rate:
- 64 bit floating point for optimizations 1, 3, 4.
- 80 bit floating point for optimizations 2, 5, 6, 7.
- Control Sources:
- 64 bit floating point.
- In/Out Bit Rate: 32 bit floating point.
Nebula2 Free is available as a VST effect plug-in for Windows and comes with several many free presets including EQs, compressors, filters, chorus, flangers, etc.
A commercial version of Nebula2 is also in development. This will offer more edit, import and export options.
10 Dec 2010 Acustica Audio releases Nebula3 Pro AU for Mac
16 Dec 2009 Acustica Audio updates Nebula3 Free to v1.3.363
15 Jan 2007 Acustica Audio updates Nebula2 Free to v1.2.720
08 Jan 2007 Acustica Audio releases Nebula2 Free v1.2.711