1st July 2008
Admiral Quality has updated Poly-Ana to v1.12. CPU performance has been reduced by as much as 25%, and Poly-Ana now works on Muse Research's Receptor platform. Plus some very rare and hard to find stability bugs in both the voice and the editor have been fixed.
If you had stability problems before you can try Poly-Ana again as the evaluation period has been reset (again) - the demo version is fully functioning for 1 week.
- Evaluation period reset.
- Receptor compatible.
- New SSE2 optimizations have reduced CPU usage to as little as 75% of version 1.00 on some platforms.
- Fixed bug in polyphonic mode where stolen voices weren't retriggering.
- Fixed some stability bugs in the editor.
- Added program name edit field, program select dropdown menu (click the program number), and program increment/decrement buttons to top of editor. Authorization controls have moved above keyboard and the "Auth" button has been removed. Simply hit "enter" or select any other control to confirm your key entry.
- Removed limit from high end of filter cutoff range. This allows the HPF mode to completely cut all sound now, rather than always letting some highs pass through as before.
- Voices in release stage now show in voice display. Changed behavior: Incoming MIDI no longer turned to automation events. Didn't prove useful as a feature and can cause conflicts in some cases.
- Fixed bug when handling "duplicate timestamped" MIDI events of the same type. In this case the last received duplicate event will be used now. Fixes pitch bend and modulation errors from some host/controller combinations.
- Fixed a long standing bug relating to oscillator sync that was causing Poly-Ana to get "sick" under certain, rare conditions. (Hosts that make random patches were very good at casing this.) Poly-Ana should no longer have "poison patches".
- Fixed another oscillator sync related bug where sync was internally turned off after bypassing/resuming even though editor panel still showed the correct setting.
- Changed the method Poly-Ana uses to find its .dll location, may help users who were having trouble loading the custom background Poly-AnaBG.png