Adobe has updated Premiere Pro CS5 to version 5.5.2, which brings Mercury Playback Engine support for NVIDIA ‘Maximus’ configurations, where a Tesla card can work alongside a Quadro card for increased GPU processing power. The update also fixes issues which prevent the proper display of Closed Captions and the Timecode Effect, and fixes the Color Picker on Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion).
- Mac: Fixed an issue where the Timecode Effect was not displayed properly when rendering/exporting to a new file.
- Mac/Win: Fixed an issue which could cause Closed Captioning data to be displayed in the wrong location, and sometimes offscreen.
- Mac: Fixed an issue which could cause Assert errors when enabling the display of Closed Captioning data.
- Mac: Fixed an issue where the Color Picker did not pick the correct color (OS X 10.7 only).
- Mac/Win: Fixed an issue which could cause the application to crash when trimming with third-party I/O hardware installed.