13th September 2012
Features added or changed in this update:
- Windows 8 certification.
- Updates for HiDPI display, which improves appearance on computers that use Retina Display, such as MacBook Pro computers.
- Added GPUs to the list of those that Premiere Pro CS6 will use for GPU processing: GT 650M (which is in the newer MacBook Pro computers) and GTX 680.
Note: Premiere Pro can use either OpenCL or CUDA for GPU processing on the GT 650M. The default is to use OpenCL. You can change this in the General project settings. For details of GPU acceleration in Premiere Pro, see this page. For details of OpenCL features in Premiere Pro CS6, see this page.
Notable bugs fixed in this update:
- tearing in image when using XDCAM EX footage.
- numeric keypad keys couldn't be assigned to keyboard shortcuts.
- audio deleted when enabling Audio Follows Video without enabling multicam for audio track.
- color shift introduced by Three-Way Color Corrector at default settings when GPU acceleration turned off.
- color shifts in some imported M2TS assets.
- Premiere Pro ignored Command+Option+H command to hide applications on Mac OS X.
- Auto-save window appearing over other applications when Premiere Pro was in the background.
- crash during auto-save if a third-party effect's modal dialog box was open on Mac OS X (affects CoreMelt, etc.).
- rendering preview files using OpenCL caused dropped frames in some cases.
- rendered preview files not used when restarting Premiere Pro in some cases, including when using certain third-party effects.
- when using CUDA on Mac OS X to export a sequence consisting of a very large number of still images (e.g., timelapse), GPU memory could become depleted and output frames corrupted.
- audio recorded through Audio Mixer (e.g., voice-over recording) appearing incorrectly as duplicated audio.
- channel output mapping for adaptive tracks was reset to default settings for duplicated sequences.
- audio waveform displayed incorrectly for clips with speed adjustments.
- audio playback for multichannel files too quiet in some circumstances.
- markers added during peak file generation not saved if Premiere Pro quit before peak file generation completed.
- fixes for QuickTime growing files.
- some 4:2:2 footage appeared jagged or pixelated in Program Monitor or Source Monitor when no effects applied.
- some MXF files going offline, requiring relinking.
- relinking to AVCHD media on Mountain Lion (Mac OS X v10.8) not possible for projects created on other operating systems.
- automatic relinking of footage occurring incorrectly in some cases.
- frames imported out of order for some MPEG assets.
- changes to timeline clip channel mapping performed using the context menu for the clip in the Timeline panel Audio were not saved with the project.
- Audition opened when choosing Reveal Project In Explorer from context menu for a clip in Premiere Pro Project panel.
- multicam source sequences in Source Monitor lost A/V synch when an In point was created.
- setting an In point in the Source Monitor created an In point for all clips in the Media Browser directory.
- thumbnails not appearing for some XDCAM HD items in Project panel and Timeline panel.
- deleting a nested sequence not providing a warning.
- layers not correctly counted in PSD file (Photoshop document) if layers contained in groups.
- importing a QuickTime file created by the FORK media system also imported the disabled proxy track.
- QT32Server failing in some circumstances, disabling ability to use some QuickTime features.
- some exported AVC-I files didn't include appropriate drop-frame timecode information, so appeared with non-drop-frame timecode.
- closed captioning metadata was being set incorrectly.
- many other fixes in Mercury Transmit and in plug-in SDK, fixing issues with AJA, BlackMagic, Matrox, and other third-party I/O systems for video monitoring, tape capture, and exporting to tape.
- various fixes to FCP XML import and export.
- crash when removing some effects using Remove Effects command.
- crash during OMF export in some circumstances.
- crash on Mac OS X when computer wakes from sleep.
- various fixes for other crashes.
- various performance and stability improvements for CUDA and OpenCL processing.
13 Sep 2012 Adobe updates Premiere Pro CS6 to v6.0.2
19 Jul 2012 Adobe updates Audition CS6 to v5.0.1
28 May 2012 Adobe updates Premiere Pro CS6 to v6.0.1
07 Nov 2011 Adobe updates Premiere Pro CS5 to v5.5.2
20 Sep 2011 Adobe updates Premiere Pro CS5 to v5.5.1
08 Dec 2010 Adobe updates Premiere Pro CS5 to v5.0.3
09 Nov 2010 Adobe releases Audition for Mac Public Beta
05 Oct 2010 Adobe updates Premiere Pro CS5 to v5.0.2
29 Jun 2010 Adobe updates Premiere Pro CS5 to v5.0.1
12 Apr 2010 Adobe announces Adobe Premiere Pro CS5
09 Dec 2009 Adobe updates Premiere Pro CS4 to v4.2.1
11 Nov 2009 Adobe updates Premiere Pro CS4 to v4.2.0
19 Dec 2008 Adobe updates Audition to v3.0.1
10 Jul 2008 Adobe releases Audition 3 Fix for Vista 64-bit