6th September 2007
Adobe has announced Audition 3, a major upgrade to the powerful recording, mixing, editing, and mastering software for Windows.
Audition 3 includes dozens of new features that give you more powerful ways to work with audio, including:
- VSTi virtual instrument support: Expand your options with support for a wide range of industry-standard virtual instruments in your music production. Record and edit MIDI in the piano roll editor to drive your VSTi virtual instruments.
- Enhanced spectral editing: Zero in with new selection tools in the Spectral Pan and Spectral Phase displays. Use the Effects Paintbrush to apply effects in varying degrees to a selection. Smooth over a selected region to automatically repair clicks, pops, and other noises using the Spot Healing Brush.
- Improved multitrack editing: Save time and increase accuracy by editing grouped clips together, including trims and fades. Ripple delete on one or more tracks. Then quickly batch save all audio files.
- New effects: New effects including Convolution Reverb, Analog Delay, Mastering tool, and Tube-modeled Compressor offer an even wider range of creative possibilities.
- Radius time stretching from iZotope: Alter tempo without changing pitch, or change pitch without tempo distortion, using the high-quality time-stretch algorithm from industry leader iZotope.
- Guitar Suite effects: Perfect your sound with analog-modeled guitar effects that can be used with guitars or other instruments. Use one or stack many together to make your sound unique.
- Top/Tail Views: Zoom into the beginning and the end of a file so you can quickly add precise fades while keeping the whole file in view.
- Noise reduction and phase restoration tools: Use the new Adaptive Noise Reduction tool to intelligently remove noise that changes over time. The Automatic Phase Correction tool calculates and applies the optimal delay to align channels of a stereo waveform.
- Superior performance: Get more power with new support for multicore machines. The optimized mix engine allows for more tracks and effects on the same machine, offering more variety and faster processing.
- Waveform editing tools: Quickly mix files together by dragging clips and controlling automatic crossfades with on-clip handles.
In the United States and Canada, Adobe Audition 3 is expected to ship in the fourth quarter of 2007. Adobe Audition 3 will be available for an estimated street price of $349, directly from Adobe or through Adobe Authorized Resellers. Upgrades from any previous version of Adobe Audition or Adobe Production Studio cost $99. Pre-ordering is available.
Note that prices are approximate, subject to change, and do not include taxes, shipping, or other related expenses. For Adobe Audition 3 pricing outside North America, go to your local version of the Adobe website or check with your Adobe Authorized Reseller.
A 30-day trial version of Adobe Audition 3 will be available for download from the Adobe website shortly after the product begins shipping.
13 Sep 2012 Adobe updates Premiere Pro CS6 to v6.0.2
19 Jul 2012 Adobe updates Audition CS6 to v5.0.1
28 May 2012 Adobe updates Premiere Pro CS6 to v6.0.1
07 Nov 2011 Adobe updates Premiere Pro CS5 to v5.5.2
20 Sep 2011 Adobe updates Premiere Pro CS5 to v5.5.1
08 Dec 2010 Adobe updates Premiere Pro CS5 to v5.0.3
09 Nov 2010 Adobe releases Audition for Mac Public Beta
05 Oct 2010 Adobe updates Premiere Pro CS5 to v5.0.2
29 Jun 2010 Adobe updates Premiere Pro CS5 to v5.0.1
12 Apr 2010 Adobe announces Adobe Premiere Pro CS5
09 Dec 2009 Adobe updates Premiere Pro CS4 to v4.2.1
11 Nov 2009 Adobe updates Premiere Pro CS4 to v4.2.0
19 Dec 2008 Adobe updates Audition to v3.0.1
10 Jul 2008 Adobe releases Audition 3 Fix for Vista 64-bit