Adobe has announced that its audio file and multitrack editor, Audition 3, is coming to Mac OS X. A public beta version of Audition for the Mac is expected to be available in Winter 2010 - you can sign up to be notified when it is available here.
Adobe Audition for Mac will bring modern audio post-production to the platform of your choice. Familiar tools for audio editing, multitrack mixing and recording will meet expanded device support, greater workflow flexibility, and optimized performance. Plus, best-of-breed audio restoration tools make it easy to clean up production audio. With the essential tools you rely on for fast-turn projects, Audition for the Mac brings a fresh face to audio post-production.
Audition for Mac will offer:
- Powerful audio editing and multitrack mixing views.
- Superior noise reduction capabilities.
- Native 5.1 Surround support and multi-channel effects, plus other new effects.
- Optimized audio post-production workflows.
- Fast start-up, high performance multi-threaded processing, and parallel workflows.