Agitated State has released version 2.0 of MenuMagic, the plug-in management toolbox specially designed to work with Cakewalk DAWs. Its toolset enables a user to analyze, fix issues and organize their plug-ins into menus.
- Supports both Cakewalk by BandLab and Sonar DAWs – from last version of Platinum to back to v6.02.
- Works on Window 10 through XP.
- VST2, VST3 and DX support/handling.
- MenuMagic Status tab notifies the user of plug-in modifications, system changes, stale backups, un-applied changes and more.
- Tools to backup/restore Cakewalk VST registry.
- Customizable interface
- Resizable GUI.
- Customize the appearance of MenuMagic with 14 selectable skins plus tweakable hue, saturation and alpha settings.
- Remembers size and placement of program location on given screen/monitor.
- Thorough use of tooltips (mouse over hints) throughout MenuMagic is designed to make the program easy to learn and understand.
- Additional plugin filters - in the Categorization & Name Fixes tabs let a user additionally filter plug-ins based on type and bit level (32 or 64-bit).
- Support non-English languages (including Chinese, Japanese, Russian, etc.) for plug-ins and when building menus or renaming plugins.
- Advanced Plug-in Renaming/Name Fix Module with Plug-in Type Filtering
Sophisticated plugin name managements tools make your life easier.
- Rename plug-ins to make them easier to identify (such as with Kontakt where the 2out, 8out, 16out versions all show up in menus with same name).
- Cascading find and replace options that can operate globally or on selected plugin names.
- Add a prefix or suffix to plug-in names based on type (i.e. VST, VSTi, DX, DXi).
- Ability to add bit type (32/64) as suffix to plug-in name that will show up in Sonar's plugin menus.
- Advanced Dupe plugin handling hides plug-ins from appearing within a DAW or unHides them.
- One click auto-hide dupes from appearing in plugin menus.
- Works with plug-ins located in protected folders.
- Dupe counter in stats reflects # of dupes that can be eliminated/hidden.
- A user can choose if the VST3, VST2, 64-bit or 32-bit version is used or hidden and if desired unhide at a later time.
- Detail panes show detailed file information and VST plugin information on selected plug-ins.
- Direct access to plugin's folder location allows a user to perform manual file actions.
- The Menu Creation tab allows a user to create/implement/preview customized plug-in menus.
- Preview how custom plugin layout menus as will appear in Cakewalk or Sonar.
- Assign layout to any or all of Sonar's clip menus, processing menus, etc. (eg SynthRack, AudioEffectBin, etc.).
- Rearrange initial menu to create sublevels/submenus.
- Clone menu, sections of menu or copy from pre-existing menus.
- Control Cakewalk's & Sonar's VST scanning
- Control the VST Scan Folders list.
- Control VST scanning options (rescan failed, rescan existing, reset, scan on Cakewalk/Sonar launch, etc.).
- Options to eliminate duplicate & recursive paths so that list is optimized for faster scanning.
- Easily transfer list of VST Scan Folders from Sonar to Cakewalk by BandLab.
- Fully searchable Plug-in Info Grid shows details on all VST / DX plug-ins and identifies duplicates.
- Multi-column bi-directional sorts let a user see their data.
- Plug-in Grid shows all modifications made since last save in red.
- Hit Ctrl-F to search grid for plugin names, paths, etc. Hit F3 to search for next match.
- Export a color coded HTML copy of grid for records or for reference.
- MenuMagic Tray Icon App.
- MenuMagic update detection.
Get notified (or manually check) if there is a new version of MenuMagic available.
- Directly launch VST Scanner.
- Directly launch VST Scanner then automatically launch MenuMagic or just launch MenuMagic.
- MenuMagic update detection.
- Verifies that Sonar's database has the correct bit level (32 vs 64) set for plugins to avoid plugin mishandling.
- Improved performance over v1 - if VST plugin scanner has not been run skips database scans for faster loading.
- Found a bug or got a program suggestion?
- Bug Report button allows a user to easily submit their problem or request directly to Agitated State.
V2 Intro Price: $19.99. The release is free to registered MenuMagic users.
Buy MenuMagic now and you will receive BOTH the version 2 of MenuMagic and the last release of the original version 1:
- V2 - supports Cakewalk for BandLab and Sonar (from last release back to v6.02).
- V1 - supports older versions of Cakewalk DAWs that use the VST Adapter like Project 5 v2, Sonar5, etc.