13th May 2013
Agitated State has announced the release of version 22.214.171.124 of MenuMagic, the plug-in management tool specially designed to work with Cakewalk's Sonar DAW that enables the user to organize their audio plug-ins (VST, VSTi, DX, DXi, 32-bit, 64-bit).
This update of the MenMagic v2 beta contains significant new features and bug fixes. It is a recommended update for all v2 beta users.
Some of the New Features & Enhancements
Plug-in32-bit / 64-bit verification:
- MenuMagic now detects errors is Sonar's Plug-in database (not MenuMagic's database) where some plug-ins are mis-identified as being the wrong bit type (i.e. 32-bit identified as 64-bit and vice versa). When MenuMagic is run - it catches these errors and now offers to painlessly correct them for you. There is no downside to fixing the problem, but still it's your choice.
- Note: This kind of problem occurs when plug-in is changed AFTER the initial time it was scanned. For example you accidentally install a 32-bit plug-in in your 64-bit plug-in folder and catch the problem AFTER you have run Cakewalk's VST Plug-in Scanner. Cakewalk's Scanner will NOT update the plug-in type information unless you check the 'Rescan Existing Plug-ins" option - which can be a major pain.
Categorization tab changes:
- Category dropdown list now resizes (expands horizontally) to fit your menu name content.
- List can show up to 50 items before it wraps, Windows itself will wrap the list if it's too long for your monitor.
Name Fixes / Menu Creation tab changes:
- Under the "Suffixes & UnCategorized Plug-in Handling" added '32' bit suffix (previously only had "64") and a new option to display suffix as either "32" or "(32-bit)"/ "64" or "(64-bit)".
Plugin-Info Grids changes:
- New "Vendor Name" column.
- Fixed bug with the grid inconsistently showing new plug-ins coloration.
- Transition fades are now timer controlled for consistent performance regardless of system settings or video card.
- Fixes timing issues caused by bug in Windows Vista and Windows 7 where if Aero Glass is disabled the GPU handling of certain tasks is disabled and taken over by the CPU. Check MenuMagic forum for thread on Windows Optimization bug that actually degrades performance.
- Various tweaks to either eliminate unnecessary transitions or improve status (for example if waiting for form to finishing loading).
- Now remembers* if program was Maximized when closed and remembers program's pre-maximized size & position. *If MenuMagic Appearance Settings are set to remember program's location & size program.
- Fixed problem with Dupe Plug-in Fixer not maximizing properly when MenuMagic was maximized.
- If you grab and hold the MenuMagic program's titlebar with mouse cursor after a short delay the program now turns semi-transparent.
Finalized new skins:
- Black Box.
- Light Board.
- NeonNIght (was Terminal4Bit).
- Fixed Error Handling issues and improved Bug Reporting.
- Help content updated with latest program changes.
- Help system improved, updated, and 2 new modes added:
- New External Help mode - where Help about the current area of MenuMagic launches in a separate window. Help automatically closes when MenuMagic is closed.
- New Standalone Help Viewer.
Price: $69.99. An Early Adopter discount price of $21.99 is currently in effect. The price will increase in later beta stages.
Buy MenuMagic now and you will receive the latest version of MenuMagic, get access to beta versions and receive a free upgrade to version 2 when it is released.
14 Oct 2013 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v126.96.36.199
24 Jul 2013 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v188.8.131.52
13 May 2013 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v184.108.40.206
02 Dec 2012 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v220.127.116.11
09 Sep 2012 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v18.104.22.168
22 Aug 2011 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v22.214.171.124
05 Aug 2011 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v126.96.36.199
25 Jul 2011 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v188.8.131.52
21 Sep 2009 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v1.4
27 Aug 2009 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v1.3
09 Sep 2008 Agitated State releases MenuMagic v1.1 beta
05 Jan 2014 Cakewalk SONAR X3 now available on Steam
18 Dec 2013 Cakewalk releases Free SONAR X3d Update
31 Oct 2013 Cakewalk releases SONAR X3c Update
22 Oct 2013 Cakewalk announces SONAR X3c Update
19 Sep 2013 Cakewalk seeks to hire Plug-in Developer
25 Sep 2012 Cakewalk releases SONAR X2