MenuMagic is designed to support Cakewalk's DAWs such as Sonar or Project 5 and allow you to control how your VST and DX plug-ins will appear within Cakewalk's Instrument and Effects menus. MenuMagic currently supports any Cakewalk DAW that is capable of using the latest Cakewalk VST Adapter (list shown below), support for the Sonar 6 style of plug-in management is in development and will either be part of the initial release or available shortly after as a free update.
MenuMagic's currently implemented features:
- Recognizes and automatically pre-Categorizes over 500 different plug-ins when program is run for the first time.
- Allows you to quickly and easily customize the arrangement of your VST & DX plug-ins into Categories that will act as sub-menus within Sonar, Project5 and other Cakewalk DAWs.
- Categories are completed customizable. Easily Add, Delete or Rename Categories and/or modify their tooltip descriptions.
- Thorough use of tooltips (mouse over hints) throughout MenuMagic make the program easy to learn and understand.
- Sophisticated plug-in name managements tools such as:
- Cascading find and replace options that can operate globally or on selected plug-in names.
- Prefix or suffix plug-in names based on type (i.e. VST, VSTi, DX, DXi)
- Hide plug-ins from appearing within your DAW or unHide them - quick, easy & NON-PERMANENT.
- Menu Preview option lets you see how your settings will appear within Cakewalk menus before you implement your changes.
- Your MenuMagic settings are preserved and protected from VST Adapter changes – re-implement your settings with one click.
- VST Adapter monitor – warns you when the VST Adapter has changed system settings that will effect your plug-ins.
- Plug-in Status tab notifies you of plug-in modifications, system changes, warns you of stale backups, un-applied changes and more.
- Fully searchable Plug-in Info Grid shows you details on all your VST / DX plug-ins and identifies duplicates. Multi-column bi-directional sorts let you see your data in whatever manner you desire. Grid has a full screen mode option as well.
- Customize the appearance of MenuMagic to your taste with selectable skins plus tweakable hue and saturation settings.
- Cakewalk VST registry backup/restore tools.
- Global Plug-in undo – oops proof - one button resets all of your plug-ins settings back to how they were before using MenuMagic. This feature also works great if you have to switch between Cakewalk & non-Cakewalk DAWs – and re-implementing your previous MenuMagic settings is a one click operation.
- Global Program reset – reset all of MenuMagic settings back to their initial out-of-the-box defaults.
- Found a bug or got a program suggestion? Bug Report button allows you to easily submit your problem or request directly to Agitated State to be reviewed by our programmers.
- MenuMagic can support any of the following Cakewalk DAWs:
- SONAR 5 Producer Edition
- SONAR 5 Studio Edition
- SONAR 4 Producer Edition
- SONAR 4 Studio Edition
- SONAR 3 Producer Edition
- SONAR 3 Studio Edition
- Guitar Tracks Pro 3
- Home Studio 2
- Home Studio 2 XL
- Music Creator 2
- Project5 Version 2
- Project5 Version 1
MenuMagic is expected to be released this month. It will cost $69.99.
14 Oct 2013 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v18.104.22.168
24 Jul 2013 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v22.214.171.124
13 May 2013 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v126.96.36.199
02 Dec 2012 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v188.8.131.52
09 Sep 2012 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v184.108.40.206
22 Aug 2011 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v220.127.116.11
05 Aug 2011 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v18.104.22.168
25 Jul 2011 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v22.214.171.124
21 Sep 2009 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v1.4
27 Aug 2009 Agitated State updates MenuMagic to v1.3
09 Sep 2008 Agitated State releases MenuMagic v1.1 beta
20 Mar 2014 Cakewalk releases SONAR X3e Update
12 Mar 2014 Cakewalk Announces SONAR X3e Update
05 Jan 2014 Cakewalk SONAR X3 now available on Steam
18 Dec 2013 Cakewalk releases Free SONAR X3d Update
31 Oct 2013 Cakewalk releases SONAR X3c Update
22 Oct 2013 Cakewalk announces SONAR X3c Update
19 Sep 2013 Cakewalk seeks to hire Plug-in Developer