20th January 2012
Akai Pro has announced the MPC Fly, an MPC made specifically for use with your iPad 2.
MPC Fly merges Akai Professional technology with the power of your iPad 2, embodying the legendary capabilities that have made the MPC an industry standard like real MPC pads, MPC Note Repeat and MPC Swing.
Its multi-functional, double-hinged design gives you the flexibility to produce tracks anywhere, while also acting as a protective case between sessions and giving you total access to your iPad 2 for normal uses.
MPC FLY Hardware:
- The first MPC designed specifically for iPad 2.
- Fitted compartment for iPad 2 provides fully integrated portable MPC solution.
- 16 backlit genuine MPC pads with MPC Note Repeat & MPC Swing.
- Works seamlessly with the MPC App: sequence & sample editing, effects, EQ and more.
- Create beats on the go and transfer to a Mac or PC for further mastering.
- Double-hinged case sits upright, lies flat or closes for transport.
- Compatible with virtually any Core MIDI app.
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery.
- Charges iPad when plugged into wall power.
MPC Fly iPad App:
- Sequence four tracks simultaneously: four-track mixer built in.
- Built in sound library of samples and drum kits.
- Record and overdub sequences and create and edit your own Programs.
- 16-Levels mode: play one sample at 16 levels of attack, velocity, length, and tuning.
- Note variation slider allows you to manipulate attack, velocity, length, and tuning as you play.
- Built-in effects: delay, bit crusher, master compressor/limiter.
- Time correct: 1/8 note – 1/32T with variable Swing setting.
- Note Repeat: 1/8 note – 1/32T timing.
- Sample using internal mic or line-in and trim and categorize samples.
- Sample from your iPod library with turntable interface.
- Share on SoundCloud, Facebook or twitter.
- Supports WIST, Wireless Sync Start protocol from Korg.
- Supports AudioPaste.
Check out the Introducing MPC Fly video on YouTube