Akai Professional has introduced MPC Element along with its new software platform, MPC Essentials. With dimensions similar to popular tablet computers, MPC Element is Akai Professional's most portable MPC yet, and it's also the most affordable with a price of $149.99 USD.
An MPC for Everyone
MPC Element includes classic MPC Note Repeat, Swing, Full Level, 16 Level, and Tap Tempo technologies and, like MPC Renaissance and MPC Studio, MPC Element's pads are multicolor as well as pressure- and velocity-sensitive.
"It's versatile. We've designed MPC Element to be as powerful as you need it to be. You can easily load your own samples, quickly make beats, or dive deep into the included sound library and get down into the details," said Dan Gill, Product Manager, Akai Professional.
MPC Element Hardware:
- Fuses legendary MPC beat and song creation capability with the power of your computer.
- 16 backlit, multicolor pads with pressure and velocity sensitivity.
- MPC Note Repeat, Full Level, 16 Level, and Tap Tempo.
- Includes MPC Essentials software (download), 1GB sound library, up to 8 pad banks.
- Slim low-profile design with integrated cover to protect control surface.
- USB-powered, no power adapter required, USB cable included.
- Compact design just 14mm thin fits easily into a laptop bag.
- Brushed aluminum control surface with bright backlit buttons.
- Standard MIDI for use with most popular software.
- 1/8-inch (3.5mm) MIDI input, 1/8-inch MIDI output, cables included.
MPC Essentials Software Included
The included 64-bit MPC Essentials software can import WAV and AIFF samples and comes with more than 1GB of sounds. Up to eight pad banks can be created for instant access to a total of 128 samples. Up to four insert effects can be added per pad.
"The flexibility of the MPC Essentials software is key. We've made it so users can make music standalone—using MPC Element, MPC Essentials, and their laptop—or by bringing MPC Essentials into their current workflow, using it as a plugin in their current music software of choice," said Gill.
MPC Essentials Software:
- 32- and 64-bit music production capability.
- Works standalone, no DAW required, with MPC Element for seamless music creation.
- Works with your current music software (DAW) as a VST, RTAS, or AU plugin.
- Run virtually unlimited instances in your DAW simultaneously.
- 1GB sound library with all the essential sounds of modern music production.
- Import your WAV and AIFF sound samples and assign them to any pad.
- Up to 8 pad banks (assign up to 128 pads), 4 samples and 4 insert effects per pad.
- Hosts VST plugins and automatically maps controls.
- Export to WAV and AIFF.
MPC Element will be available from musical instrument retailers in October for $149.99 USD.
For more information, visit akaiprompc.com/mpc-element.
20 Jan 2012 Akai Pro announces MPC Fly for iPad 2
29 Jun 2010 Akai Pro releases SynthStation for iOS
14 Jan 2003 Akai VZ8 to be unveiled @ NAMM