19th December 2012
Akai Professional has announced the release of iMPC, a powerful new music production app for iPad developed in partnership with Retronyms. It's now available from the App Store with an introductory price of $6.99.
With more than 1,200 samples, 50 editable programs, 80 editable sequences, and iconic MPC workflow, iMPC is the first app to bring all the functionality of a classic Akai Pro MPC to iPad. iMPC includes everything producers need to create a beat quickly and easily, including an exclusive iMPC sound set and a comprehensive Akai Professional sound library. The app's built-in sampler can record samples three different ways: using the mic on the iPad, using the line input on the iPad, or using the multi-touch turntable interface in iMPC to record samples directly from iTunes or other music libraries. iMPC also works seamlessly with Tabletop from Retronyms, a modular environment for iPad that allows users to mix and match different devices, including samplers, mixers, effects, sequencers, and more.
"iMPC is exactly what you'd expect an MPC app to be. It's a simple and powerful way to grab samples, edit them, assign them to the pads, and start creating music," said Dan Gill, Akai Professional Product Manager.
Tracks created on iMPC can be exported to MPC Software, Akai Professional's new DAW for the MPC Renaissance and MPC Studio music production controllers. Social networking is also built in, with sharing to SoundCloud, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Foursquare accessible at the touch of a button.
iMPC comes with built-in effects, including delay, bit crusher, master compressor/limiter, plus the ability to create new sequences, and record and overdub beats. Time correction from 1/8 note to 1/32T with variable swing, and Note Repeat from 1/8 note to 1/32T with latch control are also built in.
- More than 1,200 samples, 50 editable programs, and 80 editable sequences.
- Exclusive iMPC sound set and classic Akai Professional sound library.
- Sample from iPad mic, line-in, or music library using multi-touch turntable interface.
- Export tracks to MPC Software for use with MPC Renaissance and MPC Studio.
- In-app SoundCloud community, powered by CloudSeeder.
- Share on SoundCloud, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or export to your computer.
- Tabletop-ready: works seamlessly with Retronyms' Tabletop app for iPad.
- 16 Levels mode: 16 levels of attack, velocity, length, and tuning.
- Note Variation slider: adjust attack, velocity, length, and tuning as you play.
- Trim and categorize samples, undo takes and erase samples.
- Create new sequences, record and overdub beats.
- Live Sequence queuing for real-time performance and playback.
- Simple drag and drop program creation.
- Built-in effects: delay, bit crusher, master compressor/limiter.
- Time correct: 1/8 note – 1/32T with variable swing.
- Note Repeat: 1/8 note – 1/32T timing, with latch.
- Supports WIST, wireless Sync Start protocol from Korg.
- AudioCopy beats and sequences to compatible apps.
- AudioPaste samples from compatible apps.
- Tabletop Ready App: works seamlessly with Retronyms' Tabletop app for iPad.
- Route to and use with your favorite Tabletop Effects and devices.
- Line-in allows you to resample Tabletop devices.
- Use with Tabletop's Timeline Editor.
For more information, visit www.akaiprompc.com/impc.
20 Jan 2012 Akai Pro announces MPC Fly for iPad 2
29 Jun 2010 Akai Pro releases SynthStation for iOS
14 Jan 2003 Akai VZ8 to be unveiled @ NAMM