7th December 2010
algoriddim has announced that its djay for iPad App is now available on the iTunes App Store. The app takes advantage of the enhanced audio capabilities of iOS 4.2 and leverages iPad's Multi Touch interface to bring users ever closer to the experience of mixing on real turntables. djay for iPad directly links the user to their iTunes music library providing easy access to their favorite tracks, enabling them to get spinning and making music right away.
Helping to blur the line even further between touchscreen and vinyl is djay for iPad's low latency, providing a responsive and realistic scratching experience. Furthermore, the app offers waveforms that allow users to mix their songs visually as well as automatic detection of a song's tempo and rhythm for easy synchronization and seamless, beat-matched transitions between songs.
"djay for iPad takes the idea of iPad as a portable sound system to a whole new level," said Karim Morsy, CEO of algoriddim. "By combining direct access to a user's iTunes music library with our intuitive dual-turntable and mixer set-up designed exclusively for iPad, the djay App lets users of any skill level explore the world of DJing. From Automix to live performance, djay for iPad was designed to be the ultimate solution for aspiring DJs and professionals alike."
- Direct Access to a User's iTunes Music Library: Browse your entire music library and easily select, play, mix and scratch your favorite songs.
- Automix Mode: One of djay's most popular features now incorporated for iPad. Automix blends an iTunes music playlist into a continuous mix with automatic transitions.
- Live Recording: Capture your mix in pristine audio quality to share with the rest of the world.
- Seamless AirPlay Audio Integration: Stream your mix wirelessly to Apple TV, AirPort Express station, or any AirPlay-supported speaker dock, AV receiver, and stereo system.
- Visual Mixing with Waveforms: Mix music visually, using stunning overview and detail to seamlessly cue to specific points.
- BPM Sync: djay's automatic beat and tempo detection allows users to easily match the playback speed of two songs for a perfect transition with the click of a button.
- Pre-Cueing: Preview and prepare the next song with headphones (requires optional split output adapter).
- Auto-Cut Scratching: Lets you scratch in sync with the song's beat and rhythm while djay operates the crossfader automatically.
- Multi-Tasking: Run djay in Automix mode and listen to a continuous mix running in the background while you surf the web or play games.
Pricing & Availability
The djay for iPad App is available for $19.99 from the App Store.
11 Dec 2012 Algoriddim updates djay for Mac to v4.1
10 Apr 2012 Algoriddim updates djay for Mac to v4.0.5
12 Mar 2012 Algoriddim updates djay for Mac to v4.0.4
19 Jan 2012 Algoriddim updates djay for Mac to v4.0.3
11 Jul 2011 algoriddim updates djay for iPad to v1.3
15 Mar 2011 algoriddim releases djay for iPhone & iPod touch
07 Dec 2010 algoriddim releases djay for iPad
02 Nov 2010 Algoriddim updates djay to v3.1.2
12 May 2010 algoriddim updates djay to v3.1.1
25 Feb 2010 algoriddim updates djay to v3.1
25 Oct 2009 Algoriddim updates djay to v3.0.1
01 Oct 2009 algoriddim releases djay 3
06 Feb 2009 algoriddim updates djay to v2.3.1