Aly James Lab has updated FMDRIVE, a Sega Mega Drive / Genesis FM VST Synthesizer for Windows, to version 1.2. It's still Donationware, with the same minimum donation of 10.00 €.
- Rewritten fast & accurate distortion emulation. the "ladder effect" of MD model 1.
- The PCM sample data DAC filter is improved (now also benefit from the ladder effect).
- DAC PCM data read LOOP function (can loop the sample data with start and end point for nice effects).
- PCM wav files can now also be browsed & imported via windows native explorer (with no location limitation).
- Polyphony up to 6 voices.
- Optional frequency "Freezing" (fixed frequency) for SPECIAL MODE.
- Solid or line view for the envelope generators display with release stage highlight.
- Improved CSM mode implementation.
- CSM mode now respond to the release rate (RR) and handle external MIDI channels more correctly.
- Glide is now available in polyphonic mode too.
- Improved MONO mode.
- Better synchronization between GUI and YM2612 registers.
- Plus minor audio engine & GUI improvements.
Read the updated manual (PDF) for full technical info and feature set.
Already registered users can follow this link to learn how to update.
01 Oct 2013 Aly James Lab updates FMDRIVE to v1.23