Aly James Lab has updated FMDRIVE, a Sega Mega Drive / Genesis FM VST Synthesizer for Windows, to version 1.2. It's still Donationware, with the same minimum donation of 10.00 €.
- Rewritten fast & accurate distortion emulation. the "ladder effect" of MD model 1.
- The PCM sample data DAC filter is improved (now also benefit from the ladder effect).
- DAC PCM data read LOOP function (can loop the sample data with start and end point for nice effects).
- PCM wav files can now also be browsed & imported via windows native explorer (with no location limitation).
- Polyphony up to 6 voices.
- Optional frequency "Freezing" (fixed frequency) for SPECIAL MODE.
- Solid or line view for the envelope generators display with release stage highlight.
- Improved CSM mode implementation.
- CSM mode now respond to the release rate (RR) and handle external MIDI channels more correctly.
- Glide is now available in polyphonic mode too.
- Improved MONO mode.
- Better synchronization between GUI and YM2612 registers.
- Plus minor audio engine & GUI improvements.
Read the updated manual (PDF) for full technical info and feature set.
Already registered users can follow this link to learn how to update.