Ample Sound say "It's very easy for keyboard players who don't understand guitar very well. They can use the functions, e.g. Capo Logic, to make guitar solos and riffs that you would think were created by a professional guitarist."
If you are a guitarist, but you don't have good recording conditions or you can't play keyboard, Ample Guitar could be for you. Just using two fingers, the guitarist can make the guitar riff in your DAW.
Ample Guitar is a sample-based virtual instrument with high quality samples and intelligent technology. In order to get high quality and no FX processing dry samples, Ample Sound chose the traditional and classic way to record the instrument.
Ample Guitar is automated and intelligent. All the things like instrument playing rules, making MIDI humanized, etc., are achieved by software.
Three Electric Guitar Instrument Plug-ins:
- AGP is recorded using PRS Artist Custom 24 Guitar, with 5300 samples, 3.76GB, 24 frets, Neck and Neck+Bridge 2 pick-up instrument groups.
- AGF is recorded using Fender Stratocaster Custom 50's Guitar, with 5000 samples, 3.89GB, 22 frets, Neck and Neck+Middle 2 pick-up instrument groups.
- AGG is recorded using Gibson Les Paul Custom R8 Guitar, with 5000 samples, 4.26GB, 22 frets, Neck and Neck+Bridge 2 pick-up instrument groups.
Sample rate: 24bit 44.1khz. Every guitar note with real samples – no re-sample. Natural sustain, the longest sample is 28s – no sample loop.
- Highly Efficient Sampling System:
- Poly Legato & Guitar Techniques: Sustain(Standard), Hammer On & Pull Off, Slide up & down, Slide in & out, Palm Mute, Artificial Harmonic, Natural Harmonic, Staccato (Short), Bender, Strum, 10 techniques, Legato at random length, pitch & poly. Legato group can be played even on the Strummer.
- Each Cycle & Rhombic Sampling Modeling: Separate sample cycle for each note and velocity layer to improve sample utilization. There are 18 – 32 samples for each note.
- Original Total Start Time which makes the picked instrument sounds more natural – it makes a Virtual guitar instrument sound like it is.
- Intelligent MIDI Logic:
- Capo Logic: Intelligent playing method according to guitar rules, which is designed for users not familiar with a guitar before.
- CPS (Customized Parameters Setting): Ample Guitar allows users to control all of controls (knob, button, slider etc) via MIDI Controller or Automation.
- Double Guitar: As a common technique in music, Ample Guitar's Double Guitar feature conforms to its name because totally different samples are being played on left and right channels. And it's very easy to use by simply click the toggle button.
- Easy Strummer Play with 2 fingers:
- Customized Chords and rhythm, with delicate presets.
- 13 Strum notes + 27 playing modes for each chord, Ample Guitar Strummer can be varied even when you play only one chord.
- Ample Guitar has 5 humanize settings with Which makes two identical MIDI tracks can sound different. We are trying to save your effort.
- Note: we are not using any audio loops.
A very detailed online tutorial is available to help you understand and use Ample Guitar.
Pricing & Availability
The Ample Guitar plug-ins cost $149 each, can be purchased in a bundle for $299 or in any combination of two for $249. They are available for 32- and 64-bit Mac OS X and Windows in AU and VST plug-in formats.
As an approved Digidesign (Avid) Development Partner, Ample Sound may release AAX or RTAS version In the future.