10th February 2003
SwarmSynth comes as as a Windows VSTi for £59.99 and a demo version is available.
Anarchy have also just released upgrades for AnarchyRhythms and AnarchyEffects. These are free to registered users.
More information about SwarmSynth:
- Makes sound by mixing output from a user-sizeable bank of oscillators.
- Oscillators are controlled by five parameters - volume, pitch, pan, resonance and noise.
- Values of each oscillator's parameters continually change, equating to movement through five-dimensional hyperspace.
- Movement through hyperspace is constrained to a bounding box specified by a home position and permissive range for each parameter.
- Graphical envelopes modify the bounding box through the duration of each note.
- Within the bounding box, each oscillator follows a rule-based flocking algorithm - a 5D equivalent of AI simulations of 2D and 3D animal flocking behaviour.
- 3D visualisation of the oscillator's movement through hyperspace, using hue & luminance to represent the other 2 dimensions.
- Mouse-clicking the hyperspace visualisation affects the sound by causing oscillators to veer towards or away from the mouse.
- Hotkey powered sticky-mouse for moving the cursor in 5 dimensions.
- Controllable reseeding to make the algorithm deterministic or non-deterministic.
- IIR resonant lowpass filter.
- 101 automatable parameters, controllable through VST automation or fully remappable MIDI control messages.
- Collection of preset sounds.
- QWERTYUIOP control - SwarmSynth can be played with the computer keyboard.
- Anarchy button to randomise current settings.
- Context-sensitive help system.
05 Mar 2005 AnarchyRhythms v2.0 released
10 Feb 2003 Anarchy SwarmSynth released
04 Feb 2003 Anarchy SwarmSynth screenshot and release date
15 Jan 2003 Anarchy Sound Software SwarmSynth info