19th August 2008
Antares Audio Technologies has announced the release of Auto-Tune Evo, the next generation of the worldwide standard in professional pitch correction.
Like previous versions of Auto-Tune, Auto-Tune Evo provides the ability to correct the pitch of a voice or solo instrument in real time, without distortion or artifacts, while preserving all of the expressive nuance of the original performance. Auto-Tune Evo includes an Automatic Mode for real-time pitch correction as well as a Graphical Mode that displays the pitch envelope of the audio to be corrected along with a selection of graphical tools that allow precise manipulation of the performance's pitch.
While Auto Tune's patented processing technology has always provided unmatched speed and accuracy, for Auto-Tune Evo, Antares' Dr. Andy has gone back to the proverbial drawing board to create a seriously evolved voice processing technology that takes advantage of the hugely more powerful computers that are now the norm for digital audio recording.
The result is Evo Voice Processing Technology, offering powerful new features and capabilities along with pitch detection and correction that is substantially more accurate and reliable over a much wider range of audio input quality.
Key new features of Auto-Tune Evo include:
- Dramatically enhanced core technology: Evo Voice Processing Technology takes advantage of the power of today's computers to provide powerful new features and enhanced tracking and correction capabilities.
- Redesigned user interface: Continuing the process begun with Auto-Tune 5, Antares has once again refined the Auto-Tune user interface to allow for smoother, more intuitive workflow.
- Reorganized common controls: With the addition of the new pitch shifting, formant correction, and throat modeling capabilities, Antares has reorganized the common control area to ensure that all of the parameters used by both Automatic and Graphical correction modes are easily available at all times.
Automatic Mode Features:
- Real-time pitch shifting: Auto-Tune Evo's new Transpose control provides extremely high-quality real-time pitch shifting over a two-octave range.
- Formant correction (Native versions only): While Auto-Tune's classic pitch adjustment technology still provides the optimum results for the very small intervals typical of conventional pitch correction, for larger intervals or outright pitch-shifting, engaging Auto-Tune Evo's Formant Correction function preserves vocal character over a much wider pitch-shift range.
- Throat modeling (Native versions only): Utilizing the latest incarnation of Antares' unique throat modeling technology, the new Throat Length control actually allows you to modify vocal character by passing it through a variable-length physical model of the human vocal tract.
Graphical Mode Features:
- Massively resizable Graphical Mode window: In most hosts, Auto-Tune Evo's Graphical Mode window can be resized in real-time, limited only by the size of the user's monitor.
- New Note-based pitch correction and pitch shifting: In addition to Lines and Curves, Auto-Tune Evo introduces an entirely new method of pitch editing: Note Objects. When using Note Objects, Auto-Tune Evo analyzes the tracked audio and creates graphic representations of the target notes. These objects can then easily be edited, shifted in pitch, and individually pitch corrected or retuned.
- Object-based Retune Speed settings: In one of Auto-Tune Evo's functionally most powerful changes, Retune Speed is now an independent property of each individual correction object (Curve, Line or Note), making it easy to get the optimum rate for each note of a performance.
- Real-time display of output pitch: In addition to Auto-Tune's traditional Tracked Pitch, Line, and Curve plots, Auto-Tune Evo provides a new real-time Output Pitch plot that displays the exact output pitch based on the current Retune Speed.
- Comprehensive programmable keyboard shortcuts: For ease of editing workflow, Auto-Tune Evo's new Key Binding system lets virtually any Graphical Mode function to be assigned to each of the QWERTY number keys.
- New Pitch Graph display mode: A new "Lanes" display mode is particularly useful when using Note Objects for pitch correction or pitch-shifting individual notes.
- Graphical Paste function: The new Paste function displays a graphic representation of copied data and lets a user visually place it at the desired destination before finalizing the Paste. Perfect for copying Note Object-based edits to other parts of a track.
- Enhanced pitch displays: Auto-Tune Evo provides simultaneous displays of Tracked Pitch, Correction Object Pitch, and the resulting Output Pitch at the current cursor location.
- Nudge controls for pitch correction objects: To aid precise editing, the new Nudge controls let a user move selected object(s) up or down in precise one pixel increments.
"We are extremely excited about the release of Auto-Tune Evo," said Marco Alpert, Antares VP of Marketing. "When we looked at the computer power that we all pretty much take for granted these days, we realized that by developing a new core processing technology that took advantage of that power, we could offer capabilities that we could have only dreamed about back when we first introduced Auto-Tune. Combined with a host of productivity and workflow enhancements, Auto-Tune Evo is both the most powerful and easiest to use vocal processing tool we've ever offered."
Auto-Tune Evo is available now for TDM (Mac OS X and Windows), RTAS (Mac OS X and Windows), VST (Mac OS X and Windows) and Audio Units (Mac OS X) at a U.S. MSRP of $399.00 for the Native versions and $649.00 for TDM versions. All Macintosh versions are universal binaries.
Upgrades to Auto-Tune Evo are available for purchase and download by current registered Auto-Tune owners.