22nd October 2013
GarageBand for Mac has received its biggest update ever with a fresh new look, all new Sound Library, and new features, like Drummer and Smart Controls, giving you everything you need to easily make a great-sounding song.
GarageBand for iOS has been updated to match the look and feel of iOS 7 and taps the power of 64-bit to bring musicians a full recording studio with up to 32 tracks. With iOS 7 Inter-App Audio you can record third-party music apps right into GarageBand, and AirDrop allows you to wirelessly share your song projects with other iOS users so you can work on songs together. iCloud helps keep your song projects up to date across your devices, and users can start a song on iOS and pick up where they left off using GarageBand for Mac.
What's New in GarageBand for iOS v2.0:
- All-new streamlined design.
- Create a song with up to 32 tracks* using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops.
- Record compatible Third-Party music apps using Inter-App Audio in iOS 7.
- Drag and drop audio recordings to create Sampler instruments.
- Support for AirDrop in iOS 7.
- 64-bit support.
Pricing & Availability
GarageBand for Mac and iOS are free for all OS X Mavericks and iOS 7 users. Additional GarageBand instruments and sounds are available for a one-time in-app purchase of $4.99 for each platform.