20th August 2013
Stability and Reliability
Includes various stability and reliability improvements, including, but not limited to:
- Logic Pro X should no longer quit unexpectedly when:
- Resizing a movie window while in full screen mode.
- Opening a Text Style window in the Score Editor.
- While making adjustments in the EXS Editor.
- Inserting notes in the Step Editor.
- Going back a large number of steps in the Undo History.
- Double-clicking the Drummer button in the Add New Track dialog.
- Selecting all audio files in the Bin and then using the Copy/Convert command to relocate and convert them to another format.
- Clicking an Apple Loop in the browser while another loop was playing back in the project.
- Exporting a video with a cycle region active in the project.
- Changing the Slope parameter in the Space Designer plug-in while using very long synthetic impulse responses.
- Resolves an issue in which Logic Pro X might consume an unexpectedly large amount of CPU power while downloading content.
- The Capture Last Take key command no longer erases a MIDI recording.
- Improved CPU performance with audio plug-ins.
- Fixes and issue in which changing the bypass state of a plug-in while Logic Pro was playing caused a CPU spike that might lead to an overload message.
- Fixes an issue in which starting playback of the Ultrabeat sequencer could cause CPU spikes.
- Using the Eraser tool to delete large numbers of notes in the Piano Roll no longer causes a long delay.
- Improved CPU performance with MIDI plug-ins.
- Fixes an issue in which playing notes into the Arpeggiator might lead to CPU overloads.
- Includes various fixes to improve performance in Full Screen mode.
- Specific Zoom and Snap functions in the Piano Roll now behave as expected when using a graphic tablet input device.
- The Apogee Control Panel is again accessible in Logic Pro X when using an Apogee Duet connected via Firewire.
- All tracks in a phase-locked edit group now remain in phase after using the "Reset all Flex Edits" command.
- The "Set to Neutral Position" command is now correctly applied to all regions in a phase-locked edit group.
- Tracks in a phase-locked edit group which have been flex edited now remain phase locked after changing a project's tempo.
- Improved formant preservation when shifting notes up or down by several semitones with Flex Pitch.
- Fixes an issue in which changing patches on a track that was soloed would cause any other soloed track stacks to become un-soloed.
- Arming and disarming the main track in a Track Stack now reliably affects all sub-tracks that are part of the same group.
- Changing the font for Numbers & Names and then subsequently changing the font for another Text style no longer causes the second edit to be incorrectly applied to the Numbers & Names style.
- Note heads now display as expected in the Note Attributes window when using Sigler Jazz or Swing fonts.
- The Score preference previously labeled "Auto split notes in multi staff chord styles" is now labeled "Auto split notes in polyphonic staff styles.".
- Tablature for 5-string banjo now displays correctly.
- The Staff Style window now behaves as expected when Link mode was disabled.
- Resolves an issue in which the text header and footer in Score were incorrectly positioned when printing or saving to PDF.
- Fixes an issue in which the window focus unexpectedly jumped to the wrong area when editing a Staff Style with Link mode on.
- Resolves an issue in the Score Editor in which it was possible to sometimes inadvertently select multiple notes when clicking on one note.
- Fixes an issue in which the Fills and Swing knobs in the Drummer Editor were accessible in cases where no region was selected.
- Double-clicking on a Drummer region now opens or closes the editor.
- Patch merging now works with Drummer patches.
- Drummer regions are now created properly in songs with a start position before 1 1 1 1.
- The movie inspector now shows the correct move when two songs with movies are open at the same time.
- Resolves an issue in which some supported movie files did not play in Logic Pro X.
- Improves the chase behavior of movies when repositioning regions.
- Movies containing a timecode track are now properly clipped to match an active cycle zone when exported from Logic Pro X.
- Resolves several issues in which Logic Pro X might display the wrong cursor.
- The cursor now displays the correct tools when it is placed between transient markers while working in Flex Time mode within a Take folder.
- Resolves an issue in which objects in the Environment window might snap much too far to the right when moved.
- Increased window sizing flexibility when using Logic on portable computers.
- Resolves an issue in which sliders in various preference windows had no effect until they were released.
- Addresses a graphic issue in which the Piano Roll Editor could display an empty window.
- Right-clicking in the Piano Roll now correctly brings up the Tool menu when the "Right Mouse Button: Opens Tool Menu" preference is set.
- When a region color is changed, the color in the Step Editor now immediately updates as expected.
- Resolves an issue in which the Playhead might not appear if an editor in the Main window is opened, closed, and then opened again.
- Fixes an issue in which the Key Commands window might become inaccessible after entering and then leaving full screen mode.
- Resolves an issue in which selecting a note in the Piano Roll might cause the visible area to jump to notes below the selected note.
- The insert guideline now appears at the correct position when clicking with the Pencil tool when working with Flex Pitch in the Audio Editor.
- The screen now redraws as expected when using the Select Next Event and Select Previous Event key commands in the Event List editor.
- It is again possible to open plug-in windows while recording.
- Fixes an issue in which AU plug-in names might incorrectly display as 4-character IDs in the mixer insert slot on systems running in Russian or Czech.
- The LCD now properly displays minor song keys.
- Fixes an issue in which it might not be possible to set the Mixer window to use all the vertical space on a display.
- Resolves an issue in which the transparent overlay when dragging a region might not be visible in cases where the visible area is scrolled by dragging past the edge of the screen.
- Fixes a screen redraw issue when the Edit > Move > To Selected Track command was used.
- It is now easier to reveal the Toolbar by dragging down with the mouse cursor.
- Clicking the Q button in an editor now correctly applies the Local Inspector setting instead of the setting in the Region Inspector.
- Fixes an issue in which click-holding on a region might cause it to improperly shift slightly when Alignment Guides were active.
- The "Limit Dragging to One Direction" setting now works as expected in the Piano Roll editor.
- Undo commands work as expected after Flex Pitch editing.
- Improves the reliability of of the Velocity tool in the Piano Roll when editing multiple notes at one time.
- Resolves an issue in which the wrong sequence was sometimes pasted when using the Paste Sequence command in the Ultrabeat sequencer.
- Fixes an issue in which Arrangement Markers could not be edited if the Marker track was protected.
- Changing a stereo track patch to a mono patch now properly sets the channel strip input to mono.
- Resolves an issue in which double-clicking in the MIDI Draw editor did not create an automation point if there were no existing automation points in the region.
- Resolves an issue in which the "Export/Move active Comp to New Track" command created a track stack.
- Region track assignments are now properly maintained when merging folders in the Main window.
- It is again possible to copy/paste data between takes within the same MIDI take folder.
- The region play button in the Piano Roll now works reliably when working with MIDI takes.
- Fixes an issue in which enabling the Protect button for any track disabled volume and pan adjustments for all tracks in the project.
- Resolves an issue in which the Velocity setting in the Track Inspector might cause all notes to output with a velocity of 127.
- Resolves an issue in which MIDI note off events might not be sent resulting in stuck notes when a large number of MIDI events were being processed in a short time.
- Option-dragging a region to copy it in a project with a song start before 1 1 1 1 now works as expected.
- Resolves an issue in which the snap setting was not reliably used when dragging regions with Alignment Guides visible in the Main window.
- It is again possible to change the length of a loop in the Tracks area at small vertical zoom settings.
- When multiple channels in the Mixer are selected, double-clicking on a fader's value no longer causes the faders to move unexpectedly.
- Resolves an issue in which pressing Enter to confirm text entry into the Mixer Track Notes caused the Playhead to jump back to the song start.
- Fixes an issue in which using the Return key to confirm renaming a channel in the Mixer caused Logic to enter Play mode.
- Resolves an issue in which the Piano Roll editor might be unexpectedly displayed if an audio region was selected and its position was outside the active cycle zone.
- A track's audio waveform display no longer changes when its Match Groove Track checkbox is toggled.
- When multiple new tracks are created at once, all the new channels are now selected in the Mixer.
- In songs created in GarageBand, changing the name of a channel on the Mixer now updates the corresponding track in the main window and vice versa.
- Fixes an issue in which tracks that were muted in GarageBand Mobile songs were turned off when opened in Logic Pro X instead of muted.
Audio and Plug-ins
- Changing the level or mute status of an Aux used as a submix no longer improperly changes the level or mute of an Aux set as a send destination from the same source channel strip.
- Resolves an issue in which key click on the Vintage B3 Organ got softer at higher sample rates.
- Fixes an issue in which the Rotor Cabinet in the Vintage B3 Organ got louder at higher sample rates.
- Resolves an issue in which notes might hang when playing the Pedal manual of the Vintage B3 Organ with a sustain setting greater than 100 ms.
- Fixes an issue in which Continuous Controller messages sent from a Roland VK77 controller might be sent to the wrong Manual in the Vintage B3 Organ.
- The Vintage B3 Organ Upper Morph slider now updates properly when changing presets.
- The Vintage Electric Piano plug-in now performs correctly at all sample rates.
- The Adaptive Limiter Output Ceiling control again works correctly when Inter Sample Peak Detection is not enabled.
- Resolves an issue in which the Gain meter did not reliably go back to "0db" when the Inter Sample Peak Detection checkbox was enabled.
- Fixes an issue in which there might be an unexpected audio tail when un-bypassing a Software Instrument.
23 Jan 2014 Apple updates MainStage to v3.0.3
22 Jan 2014 Apple updates Final Cut Pro to v10.1.1
22 Jan 2014 Apple updates Logic Pro X to v10.0.6
19 Dec 2013 Apple updates Logic Pro X to v10.0.5
25 Oct 2013 Apple updates Logic Pro X to v10.0.4
06 Sep 2013 Apple updates Logic Pro X to v10.0.3
20 Aug 2013 Apple updates Logic Pro X to v10.0.2
29 Jul 2013 Apple updates Logic Pro X to v10.0.1
16 Jul 2013 Apple Unveils Logic Pro X
09 Apr 2013 Apple updates Final Cut Pro to v10.0.8
07 Dec 2012 Apple updates Final Cut Pro to v10.0.7
25 Oct 2012 Apple updates Logic to v9.1.8
24 Oct 2012 Apple updates Final Cut Pro to v10.0.6
28 Mar 2012 Apple updates Logic Pro to v9.1.7
13 Mar 2012 Apple updates GarageBand for iOS to v1.2
29 Feb 2012 Apple updates MainStage to v2.2.1
03 Feb 2012 Apple updates Final Cut Pro X to v10.0.3
21 Nov 2011 Apple updates Final Cut Pro X to v10.0.2
15 Jan 2014 Hero Worship - An Interview with John McLaughlin
16 Jul 2013 macProVideo announces Logic Pro X Video Courses