Stability and Reliability
Includes various stability and reliability improvements, including, but not limited to:
- Logic Pro X should no longer quit unexpectedly when:
- Resizing a movie window while in full screen mode.
- Opening a Text Style window in the Score Editor.
- While making adjustments in the EXS Editor.
- Inserting notes in the Step Editor.
- Going back a large number of steps in the Undo History.
- Double-clicking the Drummer button in the Add New Track dialog.
- Selecting all audio files in the Bin and then using the Copy/Convert command to relocate and convert them to another format.
- Clicking an Apple Loop in the browser while another loop was playing back in the project.
- Exporting a video with a cycle region active in the project.
- Changing the Slope parameter in the Space Designer plug-in while using very long synthetic impulse responses.
- Resolves an issue in which Logic Pro X might consume an unexpectedly large amount of CPU power while downloading content.
- The Capture Last Take key command no longer erases a MIDI recording.
- Improved CPU performance with audio plug-ins.
- Fixes and issue in which changing the bypass state of a plug-in while Logic Pro was playing caused a CPU spike that might lead to an overload message.
- Fixes an issue in which starting playback of the Ultrabeat sequencer could cause CPU spikes.
- Using the Eraser tool to delete large numbers of notes in the Piano Roll no longer causes a long delay.
- Improved CPU performance with MIDI plug-ins.
- Fixes an issue in which playing notes into the Arpeggiator might lead to CPU overloads.
- Includes various fixes to improve performance in Full Screen mode.
- Specific Zoom and Snap functions in the Piano Roll now behave as expected when using a graphic tablet input device.
- The Apogee Control Panel is again accessible in Logic Pro X when using an Apogee Duet connected via Firewire.
- All tracks in a phase-locked edit group now remain in phase after using the "Reset all Flex Edits" command.
- The "Set to Neutral Position" command is now correctly applied to all regions in a phase-locked edit group.
- Tracks in a phase-locked edit group which have been flex edited now remain phase locked after changing a project's tempo.
- Improved formant preservation when shifting notes up or down by several semitones with Flex Pitch.
- Fixes an issue in which changing patches on a track that was soloed would cause any other soloed track stacks to become un-soloed.
- Arming and disarming the main track in a Track Stack now reliably affects all sub-tracks that are part of the same group.
- Changing the font for Numbers & Names and then subsequently changing the font for another Text style no longer causes the second edit to be incorrectly applied to the Numbers & Names style.
- Note heads now display as expected in the Note Attributes window when using Sigler Jazz or Swing fonts.
- The Score preference previously labeled "Auto split notes in multi staff chord styles" is now labeled "Auto split notes in polyphonic staff styles.".
- Tablature for 5-string banjo now displays correctly.
- The Staff Style window now behaves as expected when Link mode was disabled.
- Resolves an issue in which the text header and footer in Score were incorrectly positioned when printing or saving to PDF.
- Fixes an issue in which the window focus unexpectedly jumped to the wrong area when editing a Staff Style with Link mode on.
- Resolves an issue in the Score Editor in which it was possible to sometimes inadvertently select multiple notes when clicking on one note.
- Fixes an issue in which the Fills and Swing knobs in the Drummer Editor were accessible in cases where no region was selected.
- Double-clicking on a Drummer region now opens or closes the editor.
- Patch merging now works with Drummer patches.
- Drummer regions are now created properly in songs with a start position before 1 1 1 1.
- The movie inspector now shows the correct move when two songs with movies are open at the same time.
- Resolves an issue in which some supported movie files did not play in Logic Pro X.
- Improves the chase behavior of movies when repositioning regions.
- Movies containing a timecode track are now properly clipped to match an active cycle zone when exported from Logic Pro X.
- Resolves several issues in which Logic Pro X might display the wrong cursor.
- The cursor now displays the correct tools when it is placed between transient markers while working in Flex Time mode within a Take folder.
- Resolves an issue in which objects in the Environment window might snap much too far to the right when moved.
- Increased window sizing flexibility when using Logic on portable computers.
- Resolves an issue in which sliders in various preference windows had no effect until they were released.
- Addresses a graphic issue in which the Piano Roll Editor could display an empty window.
- Right-clicking in the Piano Roll now correctly brings up the Tool menu when the "Right Mouse Button: Opens Tool Menu" preference is set.
- When a region color is changed, the color in the Step Editor now immediately updates as expected.
- Resolves an issue in which the Playhead might not appear if an editor in the Main window is opened, closed, and then opened again.
- Fixes an issue in which the Key Commands window might become inaccessible after entering and then leaving full screen mode.
- Resolves an issue in which selecting a note in the Piano Roll might cause the visible area to jump to notes below the selected note.
- The insert guideline now appears at the correct position when clicking with the Pencil tool when working with Flex Pitch in the Audio Editor.
- The screen now redraws as expected when using the Select Next Event and Select Previous Event key commands in the Event List editor.
- It is again possible to open plug-in windows while recording.
- Fixes an issue in which AU plug-in names might incorrectly display as 4-character IDs in the mixer insert slot on systems running in Russian or Czech.
- The LCD now properly displays minor song keys.
- Fixes an issue in which it might not be possible to set the Mixer window to use all the vertical space on a display.
- Resolves an issue in which the transparent overlay when dragging a region might not be visible in cases where the visible area is scrolled by dragging past the edge of the screen.
- Fixes a screen redraw issue when the Edit > Move > To Selected Track command was used.
- It is now easier to reveal the Toolbar by dragging down with the mouse cursor.
- Clicking the Q button in an editor now correctly applies the Local Inspector setting instead of the setting in the Region Inspector.
- Fixes an issue in which click-holding on a region might cause it to improperly shift slightly when Alignment Guides were active.
- The "Limit Dragging to One Direction" setting now works as expected in the Piano Roll editor.
- Undo commands work as expected after Flex Pitch editing.
- Improves the reliability of of the Velocity tool in the Piano Roll when editing multiple notes at one time.
- Resolves an issue in which the wrong sequence was sometimes pasted when using the Paste Sequence command in the Ultrabeat sequencer.
- Fixes an issue in which Arrangement Markers could not be edited if the Marker track was protected.
- Changing a stereo track patch to a mono patch now properly sets the channel strip input to mono.
- Resolves an issue in which double-clicking in the MIDI Draw editor did not create an automation point if there were no existing automation points in the region.
- Resolves an issue in which the "Export/Move active Comp to New Track" command created a track stack.
- Region track assignments are now properly maintained when merging folders in the Main window.
- It is again possible to copy/paste data between takes within the same MIDI take folder.
- The region play button in the Piano Roll now works reliably when working with MIDI takes.
- Fixes an issue in which enabling the Protect button for any track disabled volume and pan adjustments for all tracks in the project.
- Resolves an issue in which the Velocity setting in the Track Inspector might cause all notes to output with a velocity of 127.
- Resolves an issue in which MIDI note off events might not be sent resulting in stuck notes when a large number of MIDI events were being processed in a short time.
- Option-dragging a region to copy it in a project with a song start before 1 1 1 1 now works as expected.
- Resolves an issue in which the snap setting was not reliably used when dragging regions with Alignment Guides visible in the Main window.
- It is again possible to change the length of a loop in the Tracks area at small vertical zoom settings.
- When multiple channels in the Mixer are selected, double-clicking on a fader's value no longer causes the faders to move unexpectedly.
- Resolves an issue in which pressing Enter to confirm text entry into the Mixer Track Notes caused the Playhead to jump back to the song start.
- Fixes an issue in which using the Return key to confirm renaming a channel in the Mixer caused Logic to enter Play mode.
- Resolves an issue in which the Piano Roll editor might be unexpectedly displayed if an audio region was selected and its position was outside the active cycle zone.
- A track's audio waveform display no longer changes when its Match Groove Track checkbox is toggled.
- When multiple new tracks are created at once, all the new channels are now selected in the Mixer.
- In songs created in GarageBand, changing the name of a channel on the Mixer now updates the corresponding track in the main window and vice versa.
- Fixes an issue in which tracks that were muted in GarageBand Mobile songs were turned off when opened in Logic Pro X instead of muted.
Audio and Plug-ins
- Changing the level or mute status of an Aux used as a submix no longer improperly changes the level or mute of an Aux set as a send destination from the same source channel strip.
- Resolves an issue in which key click on the Vintage B3 Organ got softer at higher sample rates.
- Fixes an issue in which the Rotor Cabinet in the Vintage B3 Organ got louder at higher sample rates.
- Resolves an issue in which notes might hang when playing the Pedal manual of the Vintage B3 Organ with a sustain setting greater than 100 ms.
- Fixes an issue in which Continuous Controller messages sent from a Roland VK77 controller might be sent to the wrong Manual in the Vintage B3 Organ.
- The Vintage B3 Organ Upper Morph slider now updates properly when changing presets.
- The Vintage Electric Piano plug-in now performs correctly at all sample rates.
- The Adaptive Limiter Output Ceiling control again works correctly when Inter Sample Peak Detection is not enabled.
- Resolves an issue in which the Gain meter did not reliably go back to "0db" when the Inter Sample Peak Detection checkbox was enabled.
- Fixes an issue in which there might be an unexpected audio tail when un-bypassing a Software Instrument.