Apple has released Pro Applications Update 2010-01. The software improves overall stability and addresses a number of other minor issues.
This update includes:
- Final Cut Pro 7.0.2.
- Motion 4.0.2.
- Color 1.5.2.
- Compressor 3.5.2.
- Apple Qmaster 3.5.2.
- Cinema Tools 4.5.1.
Final Cut Pro v7.0.2:
- Drag and drop of files from iTunes works as expected with supported file types.
- Fixes the "Preview Unsupported For This Format" message that would occur occasionally with P2 media recorded to a Firestore FS100 recording device from Panasonic cameras.
- Fixes an issue ingesting from P2 cards with spanned clips which contain more than 80 individual elements.
- Fixes a performance issue with transcoding AVCHD to ProRes on Mac systems using the GeForce 9400M graphics card.
- Fixes an issue with some third-party filters that would cause Final Cut Pro to quit unexpectedly on Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard.
- Markers on multi-cam clips are now preserved when edited into a sequence.
- Log and Transfer function is no longer disabled while using the Share function to export media.
- Media Manager will now copy ProRes media created by AJA Ki Pro.
- Multiple fixes to Change Speed functionality including:
- The term "Duration" in the Change Speed interface is replaced with "Smoothness" which describes the function better.
- Speed keyframes no longer snap to other speed key frames. This improves ease of use when dragging to change speed in the timeline.
- Fixes an issue in which removing a reverse speed change with Ripple Sequence enabled would cause a clip to become half its length.
- For more information on the updates to Share, please see Compressor Release Notes.
- Fixes rendering and performance issues that could occur when using Motion projects in a Final Cut Pro timeline.
- Motion is now more stable when operating in low system memory or low graphic card memory situations.
- The default project setting is now set to PAL or NTSC depending on the operating system localization.
- Addresses an issue that impacted the reliability of the Undo command.
- Corrects the rendering of the Checkerboard Generator to the proper orientation when rendering from a 3D camera.
- Fixes an image usability issue that could be encountered on complex projects when rendered in 32-bit float with Motion Blur turned on.
- Exclusively exporting the alpha channel of a Motion project using the Share feature now returns the proper alpha channel.
- An issue with importing files named with dual-byte characters has been addressed.
- An issue with the importing of Japanese language text has been fixed.
- Fixes aspect ratio issues encountered with imported shapes and circle masks.
- A correction to the selection tool now makes it easier to select text.
- Fixes an issue related to the the rendering of soft shadows.
- Addresses issues that could produce significant artifacts when objects would intersect in 3D space in certain ways.
- Addresses issues that could be encountered with images of large resolution.
- A performance related fix was applied to the caustics generator.
- Adjusting paint stroke control points in 3D space is now more responsive.
- Corrects the rendering of anamorphic projects to the digital cinema desktop output.
- Changes were made to certain filters to match the output they produced in Motion 3.
- To address a user interaction issue, the selected animation curve in the keyframe editor now displays on top of other curves.
- Fixes were made that benefit some filters applied to images that are cropped.
- A performance issue with text flattened to a single plane was addressed.
- Fixes an issue that could have affected some third-party FxPlug plug-ins that perform temporal manipulations like retiming.
- Addresses issues which could appear to soften images, or flattened groups of images, of odd-sized resolutions.
- Manipulation issues that could occur with multiple duplicated and cloned objects or groups within a project have been addressed.
- 3D Color Space Scope now allows zooming.
- Resolves an issue in which media would sometimes become disconnected after a save and restart.
- Fixes an issue with CFX nodes not being imported when choosing File > Import > Color Corrections.
- Addresses several issues with the loading and processing of motion trackers.
- Fixes an issue with the green channel on video scopes displaying an incorrect value.
- RED 2K renders from 4K media are no longer softened.
- Corrects disk size limitation messages when burning a project to an AVCHD dual-layer disc.
- Fixes issues with long chapter names not appearing correctly in disc templates.
- Fixes issues when inserting a DVD-R or BD-RE disc with data already present.
- Provides warnings before a DVD or Blu-ray Disc is burned when the source will not fit on the media.
- Provides an option to cancel a disc burn when quitting Compressor.
- Fixes issues with burning a DVD using DTS audio.
- Fixes an issue with automatic bit rate so that the appropriate bit rate for a single or dual layer DVD-R is applied.
- Corrects an issue with the encoding of HD video when burning a Blu-ray disc with surround sound.
- Addresses issues with saving and changing audio channels and video using surround sound.
- Corrects a problem that caused Share to not work when switching to another user on the same machine.
- Fixes a MobileMe sharing issue when entering a single character in the "Viewable by Name" field.
- Fixes MobileMe upload for file names that contain the "+", "?", or "%" characters.
- Corrects an issue with uploading an IFF image sequence with an uppercase extension.
- Corrects the default bit rate for the iPod encoding setting from the Share menu.
- Corrects color shift when transcoding image sequences.
- Correct timecode is now displayed in the Preview window when sending a Final Cut Pro sequence to Compressor and applying a timecode generator.
- Job Action "Open Application" now works with multiple targets.
- Fixes an issue with creating a new job with Target Output from an image sequence to a cluster.
- Fixes an issue with source field order for Compressor plugins.
- Fixes a pixel aspect ratio issue with transcoding a duplicated image sequence to a custom TIFF setting.
- Corrects an issue that stopped a WAV file being associated with with an image sequence for output.
- Compressor preferences are now honored when submitting jobs from Final Cut Server.
- Corrects a field order issue with certain sources.
- Fixes an issue with the audio tab becoming inactive when moving between the video and audio tab on MPEG-2 targets.
- Addresses an issue with upload to MobileMe with files containing reserved characters.
- Improves file size estimation for H264 files produced for Blu-ray.
- Corrects an issue when burning a Blu-ray or DVD disc from a Final Cut Pro sequence with 5.1 Surround Sound.
- Fixes an issue with display of password-protected MobileMe movies on iPhone.
- Addresses a pixel aspect ratio compatibility issue.
- Improves stability when processing large batches.
Apple Qmaster 3.5.2:
- Fixes a memory leak associated with transcoding to a YouTube destination.
- Fixes unexpected quitting when copying large numbers of image sequences to a destination.
- Corrects issues when copying AVI and reference movie media to a Wide Area Network cluster.
- Corrects an issue with Apple Qmaster command line preferences utility when a user is only logged in remotely.
Cinema Tools 4.5.1:
- Trying to save a Cinema Tools database to a read-only volume no longer closes the database.
09 Apr 2013 Apple updates Final Cut Pro to v10.0.8
07 Dec 2012 Apple updates Final Cut Pro to v10.0.7
25 Oct 2012 Apple updates Logic to v9.1.8
24 Oct 2012 Apple updates Final Cut Pro to v10.0.6
28 Mar 2012 Apple updates Logic Pro to v9.1.7
13 Mar 2012 Apple updates GarageBand for iOS to v1.2
29 Feb 2012 Apple updates MainStage to v2.2.1
03 Feb 2012 Apple updates Final Cut Pro X to v10.0.3
21 Nov 2011 Apple updates Final Cut Pro X to v10.0.2
06 Oct 2011 Steve Jobs passed away yesterday
27 Sep 2011 Apple updates Final Cut Pro X to v10.0.1
10 Aug 2011 Apple updates Logic to v9.1.5
23 Jun 2011 Apple releases Final Cut Pro X
02 Jun 2011 Apple updates GarageBand for iPad to v1.0.1
25 May 2011 Apple updates Logic to v9.1.4
25 Nov 2010 Apple updates Logic Pro to v9.1.3
15 Oct 2010 Apple updates Logic to v9.1.2
17 Jan 2008 Solid State Logic releases Pro-Convert
11 Nov 2005 appleLoops.com launches