5th July 2012
Ardour has been updated to version 2.8.13. Although most development work on Ardour is focused on Ardour 3.0 these days, there are still ongoing maintenance changes (many driven by the continuing development of Harrison's Mixbus).
SYSLIBS Policy Changed FOR PEOPLE BUILDING ARDOUR
This release of Ardour 2.X will no longer build against its own internal 3rd party libraries (gtkmm, glibmm, etc). Until this problem is corrected, if you want to build Ardour 2.8.13 from source, please use the SYSLIBS=1 option for scons. Let it be noted that compiling Ardour with SYSLIBS=1 does not void any offer of support for problems. You should still be careful to ensure that the C++ compiler used to build Ardour is the same one used to build your system versions of any C++ libraries. This has no impact on users of the pre-built versions of Ardour from ardour.org
- Fixed build for VST support.
- Switch to new LV2 stack.
- Fix various crashes during session open.
- Installer works correctly when run as root.
- Fix nasty off by one error that put the end of an end-trimmed region one sample beyond where it should be. this would lead to the creation of 1 sample xfades where there should be none, if another region was aligned to the same point that the region had been nominally trimmed to.
- Fix modifier definitions to work with newer GTK versions.
- Fix direction of zoom wheel in timebar rulers.
- Fix crash when deleting some LV2 plugins that have had a GUI on-screen.
- Fix click latency correction.
- Fix translation of sample rate expressed as kHz.
- Fix/workaround bug in GTK that prevents bindings from working.
- Fix non-functioning use of arrow keys in keybindings.
- Fix bug capable of causing significant "weirdness" when evaluating a curve in a position before the first point of the curve (this bug has existed in Ardour since revision 17, which is nearly 13,000 revisions in the past.).
- Fixing issues with opening a browser when using the bundle. Use xdg-open instead of glib functions.
- Spelling fixes from Debian.
- Fix typo in region fade key bindings.
- Switch to FFADO as the default firewire backend for JACK.
- Add 176.4kHz rate to audio engine dialog.
- Save/goto view bindings are now Shift-Fn to save, Fn to goto (Fn is F1, F2, etc).
- Increase the click pool size.
- Change reset of the click/metronome to improve behaviour when locating and looping.
- Display modifier names in keybinding editor using real key logos (e.g. the "cauliflower" symbol for Command on OS X).
- Make sure loop markers are shown when loop is initiated.
- Fix odd behaviour of code used to determine if the mouse pointer is inside the track canvas.
- Speed up session close by not redrawing stuff as each track/bus is destroyed.
- Allow Separate to work on a range selection.
- Crop no longer works on all tracks if no tracks are selected.
- Improve sensitivity of some menu items based on the currently selected edit point.
- Remove (sub)menu items from keybinding window.
- Improve ruler text space above baseline.
- Clarify what the "precise" button does in the timefx dialog by using a better label.
- Various tweaks to Freesound UI.
- Apply automation when bouncing with automation in Touch mode, not just Play mode.
- Don't distort crossfades when changing their length substantially.
- Disallow colons in snapshot names.
- Add COMPOSER to TOC/CUE files.
- Improved interaction with Freesound.org (backported from Mixbus and Ardour3).
OS X Specific:
- If a user has a personal key bindings file automatically switch old OS X keybindings to new modifier names.
- Fix potential crashing bug in AudioUnit plugin code for describing parameters.
- Fix handling of AudioUnit GUI resizing (as happens on new versions of OS X with the default Apple plugins, and with plugins from various manufacturers).
- Save and restore AudioUnit GUI positions whenever they are hidden/shown.
- Fix misplacement of Carbon plugin GUI windows because of differences between Carbon/Cocoa/GTK coordinate spaces. (Note: this only affected multi-monitor setups where the user had positioned the menu bar on a non-left-most screen).
09 Apr 2013 Ardour 3.1.10 released
04 Dec 2012 Ardour updated to v2.8.16
03 Dec 2012 Ardour updated to v2.8.15
24 Jul 2012 Ardour3 Beta 5 released
23 Jul 2012 Ardour updated to v2.8.14
05 Jul 2012 Ardour updated to v2.8.13
16 Feb 2012 Ardour3 Beta 3 released
25 Nov 2011 Ardour3 Beta 1a Released
09 Oct 2011 Ardour updated to v2.8.12
29 Jun 2010 Ardour v2.8.10 Released
04 Feb 2010 Ardour updated to v2.8.7
25 Jan 2010 Ardour updated to v2.8.5 / v2.8.6
16 Nov 2009 Ardour updated to v2.8.4
13 Oct 2009 Ardour updated to v2.8.3
22 Jul 2009 Ardour updated to v2.8.2
10 Jul 2009 Ardour updated to v2.8.1
30 Mar 2009 Ardour v2.8 released
08 Dec 2008 Ardour updated to v2.7.1
21 Nov 2008 Ardour v2.7 released
18 Nov 2008 Ardour 2.7 SAE Edition released
31 May 2011 Harrison Consoles releases Mixbus 2.0
08 Oct 2009 Harrison releases Mixbus
10 May 2007 Ardour v2.0.2 now available
16 Apr 2007 Fervent Software releases Studio to Go! v2.0