19th March 2007
Beta 12 of Ardour v2.0 is now available, featuring over a hundred fixes and hugely improved stability.
For Mac OS X 10.4.x users a Universal Binary version is available for download (a 10.3.x version can be made upon request) and of course source code is available for Linux users (via SVN).
This will be the last beta before 2.0rc1, which is expected to be followed by 2.0rc2 and then 2.0 Final. Version 2.0 beta 12 is believed to be at least as stable as 0.99.3, and for a number of tasks, much more stable.
Changes Since 2.0beta11.1:
- Ardour executable is now versioned.
- Fix for plugin UI control packing (Olivier Doare).
- Detect missing ALSA MIDI subsystem and do not die if this situation is found.
- Many subtle but powerful changes to region & track selection model.
- New TransitionToRoll/TransitionToReverse commands (Ctrl-Up and Ctrl->Down respectively).
- Add GUI control for use-overlap-equivalency.
- Improve heuristics for drawing automation lines (still not perfect).
- Fix import/embed of multi-channel audio files (#1433).
- Fix “make mono regions”.
- Squash noise generation on stop when tracks/busses have no inputs.
- Fix crash-due-to-PIC issue with soundtouch code.
- Reduce double canvas redraws on zoom/position change.
- Order templates more intuitively in list presented to user.
- Remove clearlooks ID message.
- JACK latency menu now shows correct value at startup.
- Changes to JACK latency now handled correctly.
- Export range marker dialog shows just /path/to/dir, not /path/to/dir/export.wav.
- Improve ruler scrolling a little.
- Improve implementation of short_path().
- Fix for unsetting JACK freewheel too soon.
- Use ISO 8061 timestamps for snapshot default names.
- Get Mackie Control support working (basically) on MCU & BCF2000.
- Make the SFDB UI open in the same location as last time.
- New ardour manual format in tree.
- Prevent attempts to save state when disconnected from JACK.
- Fix missing buffer reversal under some reverse-play situations.
- Change keyboard bindings for moving playhead to region starts and ends (Comma, Period, Ctrl-Comma, Ctrl-Period).
- Use spin button for tempo as per #1449.
- Tweak panner drawing for aesthetics etc.
- Make zoom rect cover all tracks, no matter when added.
- Make memory limit warning dialog behave more sensibly.
- Use new SilentFileSource when sources cannot be found.
- Fix misdesign of VST GUI thread so that VST GUIs now persist and more than one can be created.
- Ignore send output counts when computing effect of redirects on track/bus stream count.
- Switched from GdkWindow::get_geometry() to get_size() as suggested by the gtkmm documentation. get_size() is better supported and faster too.
- Strip all X specific code from gtk2_ardour.
- Fix many buttons to avoid prelighting.
- Transport buttons now bindable via MIDI.
- Make shuttle controller now MIDI controllable.
- Prevent wastebasket flush after cleanup - force session reload.
- Optionally show solo mute status.
- Disable all deprecated APIs in sigc++, gtkmm etc.
- Create a special export dir for default exports; export dialog defaults to that (Doug).
- Remote control IDs follow editor/mixer/manual order.
- Fix multiple display of disk over/under runs.
- Don't show automation editing cursor unless we mean it.
- Support –sync for debugging X.
- Continuous scroll added (not usable without source code hacking).
- Make MMC work again.
- Add GUI control for MMC device ID.
- Don't change waveform zoom level when waveform is hidden (save reloading peak data).
- Explicitly check for autotools when building from svn.
- Fix timestretch file/region name issue #1501.
- Prevent new session construction when not connected to JACK.
- Fix MTC slaving (nick m).
- Fix up ardour2_ui.rc file to make us impervious to all widget/class styles (fixes color issues under KDE/desktop theme settings) (Doug).
- Handle MTC time signal FPS values correctly.
- Fix incorrect restore of mixer strip visibility at session load.
- Fix for I/O names with colons #1041.
- New xfade icons from thorsten.
- Ignore loop+range markers when looking for next/previous locations.
- Prevent inadvertent “sounds” dir from 0.99 from confusing 2.0.
- Fix for #1503, crash on new session in write protected dir.
- Fix compiler complaints all over.
- Compile tranzport code by default.
- Fix fixed-time cross-track drags (carl h).
- Total redesign of import code to avoid intermediate file copy.
- Fix copy-drag of regions.
- Fix #1394 - The ''narrow strip'' option in the mixer does not take extra width into account; involved some nice cleanup of width handling in mixer strips etc.
- Tweak placement of region name text; patch from b0ef for color manager window mgmt.
- Fix #1497, related to lack of status.done setting when libsndfile craps out on us.
- Desensitize auto-play and auto-return buttons when slaved.
- Handle broken libart_lgpl 2.3.18+ headers.
- Fix major crashing bug caused by threading issues with ->GUI requests (many different manifestations of this bug).
- Don't use -fno-strict-aliasing when compiling.
- Fix bug in cleanup handling that caused dead sounds to go to the wrong place.
- Make playlist name bumping work for names where the last ''.'' delimited element is not a number.
- Fix for running out of JACK ports in the middle of adding multiple tracks or busses.
- Fixed slot assignments to AudioRegion fade shape menu items (Doug).
- New internal code design for region dragging.
- Try to remove confusion from different export dialogs regarding file/directory requirements.
- Removed old unused unix signal handling code.
- Fix some issues with Pango font descriptions.
- Make “Show Waveforms while recording” button work.
- Fix for edit cursor clock being out of sync with edit cursor when session is loaded (Doug).
- Add playhead and editcursor to ardour.colors and remove hard coded colors (Doug).
- Fix some frame count issues when importing.
- Make bounce range bounce the range on each selected track, instead of always bouncing the range on the track the selection was originally made. (Sampo).
- Fix spectacular CPU usage sawtooth caused by constant redraw of entire rects when their bounds change.
- Inverted fix for mousewheel actions (Carl).
- Fix panner visual corruption bug #1213.
- More consistent naming for automation states;.
- Make the headers on sound files created by bouncing ranges complete (Sampo).
- New SSE-based code for peak computation.
- Remove peak building thread, do all peak computation from butler thread to avoid races and weirdness with SndFile.
- Add “Select Range” to range marker context menu.
- Better x86_64 alignment patch (mike).
- Fixes for ringbuffer types for x86_64 (mike).
- Make OSC off by default, and add menu item to control it.
- Edit groups tab gets headers (carl).
- Don't duplicate sources when embedding.
- Use UTF-8 friendly Glib::ustring for all source-related strings.
- Fixup plugin UI automation buttons.
- Allow retention of playlists during cleanup (MrBouncy).
- Update editor mixer action if strip is hidden due to track deselect (Carl).
- Fix SConstruct so that even the last x86 cpuinfo flag counts (it could be “sse”).
- Fix crash bug in mixer's selection object after closing a session.
- Fix crash bug when adding new tracks.
- Fix egregious errors in export design, exposed by multi-range exports.
- Fix absurd behaviour when quitting from the new session dialog at startup if mlockable memory is low.
09 Apr 2013 Ardour 3.1.10 released
04 Dec 2012 Ardour updated to v2.8.16
03 Dec 2012 Ardour updated to v2.8.15
24 Jul 2012 Ardour3 Beta 5 released
23 Jul 2012 Ardour updated to v2.8.14
05 Jul 2012 Ardour updated to v2.8.13
16 Feb 2012 Ardour3 Beta 3 released
25 Nov 2011 Ardour3 Beta 1a Released
09 Oct 2011 Ardour updated to v2.8.12
29 Jun 2010 Ardour v2.8.10 Released
04 Feb 2010 Ardour updated to v2.8.7
25 Jan 2010 Ardour updated to v2.8.5 / v2.8.6
16 Nov 2009 Ardour updated to v2.8.4
13 Oct 2009 Ardour updated to v2.8.3
22 Jul 2009 Ardour updated to v2.8.2
10 Jul 2009 Ardour updated to v2.8.1
30 Mar 2009 Ardour v2.8 released
08 Dec 2008 Ardour updated to v2.7.1
21 Nov 2008 Ardour v2.7 released
18 Nov 2008 Ardour 2.7 SAE Edition released
31 May 2011 Harrison Consoles releases Mixbus 2.0
08 Oct 2009 Harrison releases Mixbus
10 May 2007 Ardour v2.0.2 now available
16 Apr 2007 Fervent Software releases Studio to Go! v2.0