14th July 2008
Version 2.5 of Ardour, featuring tons of bug fixes and several new features, is now available in source code form. The compiled Mac OS X binary is not yet available.
- Plugin selection via menu (per plugin "manufacturer").
- Plugin "favorites".
- Dynamic track resizing with the mouse.
- Rhythm Ferret now has note onset detection as an alternative to percussion onsets.
- Make track faders display automation-driven changes.
- Add "Consolidate Range" which writes a new audio file and uses it to replace whatever was in the playlist within the range.
- Add "make range to next marker" and "export range" context menu items for range markers.
- All GUI menu items/actions can now be activated using OSC.
- New "name-new-markers-at-creation" option.
- Zoom-to-region (on one or both axes).
- Fit-tracks (selected tracks sized to vertically fill editor window).
- Insert-time operation to add "silence" to the timeline.
- 12 saved "view states" that save zoom levels and timeline positions.
- Working latency compensation and I/O configuration for AU plugins.
- Goto-wall-clock command.
Fixes and Improvements:
- At least 20 crashing bugs fixed.
- Use latest version of libsigc++ (potential bug fixes).
- Use version 1.2 of RubberBand for speed & quality improvements and potential patent avoidance.
- Online (and available) manual updated, including correct key binding tables.
- Editor GUI is now 100% 64-bit for audio timeline values.
- Never save keybindings to user's ardour directory unless they change them.
- Allow keybindings to use arrow keys (GTK doesn't permit this).
- Fix for plugins-do-not-work-on-all-channels bug.
- Fix track selection sensitivity botch for Import action, should have been toggle-waveform-visible instead.
- Support FFT for multi channel tracks and fix analysis for tape track regions.
- Fix mix group problems caused by recursive loop when modifying gain/gui.
- Make big clock stay on top even in broken desktop environments.
- Fixes to correct the results of running time/pitch shifting multiple times on the same region.
- Updated swedish translation.
- Don't double-call JackStartFreewheeling if we're already freewheeling.
- Small changes to export code to hopefully fix some bugs with range export(s).
- Minor UI fixes for clocks and Locations dialog. Prevent tape tracks from skewing the session extents.
- Major fix for computing plugin I/O configuration when using mono/stereo plugins in stereo/mono tracks/busses.
- Fix up scaling problems with cleanup caused by redisplaying all regions every time a file is removed.
- Fix for illegal audio device selection in audio setup dialog.
- Fix for plugins being shown twice in the automation menus.
- Make generation of new region names scale properly rather than being O(N^2).
- Reset meter peaks when meter point is reset.
- Editor faders now insensitive to unmodified scroll wheel events (Alt-scroll does the same thing).
- Change the step size for scroll-driven resizing.
- Make region context menu items always operate on well-defined and reasonably obvious region selection.
- CTRL-W shortcut ("close dialog") works on plugin editors.
- Make bounce range and bounce region work properly (wrong boundaries before).
- Prevent periodic auto-save from causing GUI deadlock during export-ranges.
- Improve horizontal scrolling. When the playhead is moved past the end marker, the canvas will alter its boundaries as needed. The Zoom to Session button will now reset the canvas size to start-2-end plus a little extra after end, so the end marker is visible.
- Move the Enable Track Meters option to Metering menu section.
- Removing sends now cleans up fully, preventing problems when adding sends again later.
- Check both whole-file and part-file regions when adding to the visible region list, and do not show regions that are region list equivalent with existing entries.
- Fix up checks for whether the track height is too small for the name highlight. Fixes irritating issue with 31 pixel height tracks having small waveforms but no name highlight.
- Make "feature lines" always be the right height as tracks resize.
- Nudge clock now has a default value of 5 seconds, not zero.
- What used to be the pink recording rectangle is now blended into the recording regions so that they appear to be the same thing. Then recording specific colors are added so the waveform and region base when recording are all various shades of red during recording. *** Open Theme Manager and click Restore Defaults for these changes to apply ***.
09 Apr 2013 Ardour 3.1.10 released
04 Dec 2012 Ardour updated to v2.8.16
03 Dec 2012 Ardour updated to v2.8.15
24 Jul 2012 Ardour3 Beta 5 released
23 Jul 2012 Ardour updated to v2.8.14
05 Jul 2012 Ardour updated to v2.8.13
16 Feb 2012 Ardour3 Beta 3 released
25 Nov 2011 Ardour3 Beta 1a Released
09 Oct 2011 Ardour updated to v2.8.12
29 Jun 2010 Ardour v2.8.10 Released
04 Feb 2010 Ardour updated to v2.8.7
25 Jan 2010 Ardour updated to v2.8.5 / v2.8.6
16 Nov 2009 Ardour updated to v2.8.4
13 Oct 2009 Ardour updated to v2.8.3
22 Jul 2009 Ardour updated to v2.8.2
10 Jul 2009 Ardour updated to v2.8.1
30 Mar 2009 Ardour v2.8 released
08 Dec 2008 Ardour updated to v2.7.1
21 Nov 2008 Ardour v2.7 released
18 Nov 2008 Ardour 2.7 SAE Edition released
31 May 2011 Harrison Consoles releases Mixbus 2.0
08 Oct 2009 Harrison releases Mixbus
10 May 2007 Ardour v2.0.2 now available
16 Apr 2007 Fervent Software releases Studio to Go! v2.0