18th January 2007
Arturia has announced its first Hardware synthesizer: Origin.
Origin is a modular system loaded with modules extracted from Moog Modular, ARP 2600, CS-80, Minimoog and Prophet VS (for now) - you can combine these modules to create your own synth. It uses two Analog Devices TigerSHARC DSP processors that have more audio power than the newest multi core PC processors, apparently.
Origin is not a simple Hardware synthesizer, it is an integrated system offering the best out of the Hardware and Software Worlds: Origin can be used as stand alone to play live on stage and also as a plug-in within your sequencer in the studio environment.
Origin takes the concept of the analog modular systems of the past to a new level using cutting edge digital technology. Pick the oscillators from the Prophet VS, the filters from the Minimoog and the Bode shifter from the Moog Modular V to create your own synth. But, while you can design synthesizers that have never existed before, Origin also lets you open existing templates that can be a Minimoog, a CS-80, a Moog Modular or an ARP 2600.
The Multi mode lets you play up to 4 synthesizers at the same time. You can layer them, split a keyboard or use Origin as a source for 4 different tracks in your sequencer. In addition, the Macro mode allows you to control the 4 synths at the same time, making Origin one single instrument.
- Create your own patch or use an existing audio structure: an Origin patch made by connecting independent modules, or the minimoog V, the ARP 2600, the CS-80, the Moog Modular.
- Up to 32 voices of polyphony for a typical patch.
- More than 500 presets created by talented musicians and synthesizer specialists.
- TAE engine. 24 bits/96 kHz supported.
- Compatibility with most of the presets from the Arturia classic virtual analog synthesizers.
- Origin lets you open dedicated software on your computer and use it as an AU or VST plug-in. All the sounds are calculated on the machine while you work on your computer, as you would do with a native application. Mac OS X and Windows supported.
- Analog: 2 audio ins, 10 audio outs. Digital: SPDIF out, USB 2.0.
- Large selection of effects: Phaser, Chorus, Delay, FX Reverbs, Distortion, Param Eq, Compressor, Bitcrusher, etc.
- 16/32 step sequencer.
- Innovative Macro, Advanced LFO, Advanced modulation modes, Advanced Joystick modes.
- MIDI: In, Out, Thru or USB 2.
Origin is expected to be released in September 2007 and it will have an MSRP of $2999 / €2299.
23 Jan 2014 Arturia announces Spark 2 (Software)
22 Jan 2014 Arturia updates Analog Lab to v1.1
17 Dec 2013 Arturia V Collection 3.0 50% Off
19 Nov 2013 Arturia releases KeyLab Keyboard Controllers
02 Nov 2013 Arturia Holiday Season Deals
24 Oct 2013 Arturia releases MicroBrute Analog Synthesizer
15 Oct 2013 Arturia releases iSEM for iPad
05 Apr 2013 Arturia ships Spark EDM and EDM Expansion Pack
01 Apr 2013 Arturia releases iMini for iPad