Arturia has announced that the keyboard version of Origin, aptly named Origin Keyboard, will be shipping in March 2010. The MSRP is $3499 / €2899. Arturia has also announced that version 1.1 of Origin is now available for Origin Desktop owners - a free update for all Origin customers.
Origin Keyboard is Arturia's new version of Origin for the keyboard player. It keeps the modular system of Origin Desktop, putting it on a panel that closes on a high quality keyboard controller. The intuitive interface is kept in place, along with all of the modules from the most famous synthesizers (Moog Modular, ARP 2600, CS-80, Jupiter-8, Minimoog and Prophet VS) and organs (ToneWheel, Rotary). There is an integrated ribbon controller and the keyboard aftertouch possibilities open a world of expressivity, while the playing modes are tuned to the expectations of any demanding performer.
Main Features (features marked with a * are to be delivered through a future upgrade):
- More than 600 presets created by talented musicians and synthesizer specialists.
- Create your own patch or use existing audio structures:
- Origin patch made by connecting independent modules from: Minimoog, ARP 2600, CS-80, Jupiter-8, Moog Modular, Prophet VS.
- Origin template synths: Minimoog, Jupiter-8*, CS-80*, ARP 2600*.
- TAE engine.
- Up to 32 voices of polyphony for a typical patch.
- Connectivity: 2 audio ins, 10 audio outs. Digital: SPDIF out, USB 2.0.
- Selection of high quality effects: Phaser, Chorus, Delay, Tube Distortion, Parametric EQ, Rotary.
- 16/32 step sequencer.
- Software editor (Mac/PC).
- Innovative Macro, Advanced LFO, Advanced modulation modes, Advanced joystick modes.
- MIDI: In, Out, Thru and USB 2.
- High Level of Control:
- Ultra sensitive 40cm ribbon controller.
- High quality semi-weighted 61 keys keyboard, with velocity response and channel aftertouch.
- New exclusive duophonic aftertouch.
- Modulation and pitch-bend wheels, 3-mode Joystick, 21 potentiometers, 33 rotary encoders, 81 switches.
- Ergonomic design:
- Self adjustable front panel, from 0° to 135°, giving you total setup flexibility.
- 5.2" TFT screen for clear visual feedback.
- Complete mobile solution, offering everything you need to perform in a single, easily transportable cabinet.
The Origin version 1.1 update for Origin Desktop includes:
- New ToneWheel Oscillator:
- Combined with the Rotary Speaker, the ToneWheel allows the addition of famous vintage organ sounds, opening Origin to this sonic universe.
- In conjunction with other Origin modules and effects, the ToneWheel is a great oscillator adding new sound design possibilities to explore.
- New Rotary Speaker: The Rotary Speaker can be used on the ToneWheel to give the classic Hammond organ sound, but it is also very interesting in other contexts, notably when used on an audio input (such as a guitar).
- New CS-80 envelope: This envelope is modelled after the particular envelope set on the filter of the CS-80.
- New Effects: Bit Crusher, Equalizer, Ring Mod, Parametric EQ, Tube Distortion.
- New MIDI possibilities:
- Origin to be used as a MIDI controller.
- Origin to be automated via CC MIDI.
- Sequencer improvements:
- Better GUI.
- New performance mode.
- Keyboard Module enhancements, notably New Glissando mode.
- GUI Improvements: Parameter values are now fully displayed.