16th January 2003
The new Arturia Modular System is a faithful reproduction of one of the most legendary synthesizer of all time: the Moog Modular.
The Modular System is based on a new set of algorithms created by Arturia’s sound engineers and gathered under the name TAE ® (TAE stands for True Analog Emulation; see end of document). It brings a superior quality of sound when reproducing analog circuits. In particular, TAE avoids any sort of aliasing; it also emulates the typical instability of hardware oscillators and brings the warm sound of the vintage synthesizers.
In addition to the replication of all the functions of the original, the Modular System comes loaded with more than 400 presets made by a selection of the most famous sound designers.
It will have a retail price of €329 Euros.
- 9 oscillators (921 Mg series).
- 2 dedicated LFOs.
- 3 filter slots can be chosen among classic Mg 904 series (low-pass 24 dB, high-pass 24 dB, filter coupler), and an additional 12 dB multimode filter (7 modes).
- 1 noise generator (white and pink – 923 Mg module).
- 6 ADSR auxiliary envelopes (911 Mg module).
- 2 VCAs (with their own envelopes, and 1 panoramic potentiometer for natural stereo effects)
- 16 auxiliary VCAs with modulation inputs.
- 1 sequencer (3x8 steps – 960 Mg module).
- 1 filter bank (14 bands with their own bandwidth).
- 1 stereo delay.
- 1 chorus.
- Mono/polyphonic (up to 64 voices).
- Stereo synthesizer.
- Absolutely pure and top quality sound (aliasing-free), like the original Moog sound.
- And more…
The Modular System can be used:
- As a stand-alone application.
- As a virtual instrument.
- Windows: Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP (ASIO/DirectSound/VST/DX/RTAS).
- Mac OS classic: Mac OS 9.x (VST/MAS/RTAS/HTDM).
- Mac OS X: Mac OS X.2 or higher (CoreAudio/VST/RTAS/HTDM.
- PC / Windows: 128 MB RAM - 500 MHz processor.
- Mac OS 9: 128 MB RAM - 500 MHz processor.
- Mac OS X: 128 MB RAM - 500 MHz processor.
This is the reason why, for the first time, TAE allows us to recover the warmth of analog hardware synthesizers.
For more information, visit the Arturia website at http://www.arturia.com/
See also http://www.arturia.com/en/modular_survey.html
See a screenshot here
19 Nov 2013 Arturia releases KeyLab Keyboard Controllers
02 Nov 2013 Arturia Holiday Season Deals
24 Oct 2013 Arturia releases MicroBrute Analog Synthesizer
15 Oct 2013 Arturia releases iSEM for iPad
05 Apr 2013 Arturia ships Spark EDM and EDM Expansion Pack
01 Apr 2013 Arturia releases iMini for iPad
14 Nov 2012 Arturia releases SPARK DubStep