Arturia has announced that Firmware version 1.3 for Origin is now shipping.
This new version includes:
- Jupiter 8 template: The Origin 1.3 firmware embeds the new Jupiter 8 template which recreates the unique voice architecture and design of this legendary analog synthesizer.
- New play modes:
- POLY_UNISON: emulates the Jupiter8 "UNISON" mode, that shares up to 8 voices between the currently active notes (Currently not available for MULTI presets).
- UNISON parameter for MONO programs: allows the user to set the number of voices that will play simultaneously for the MONO program. UNISON "polyphony" can be set to a value between 2 and 8 in SINGLE mode, and is limited to 2 in MULTI mode.
- Sequencer switch automation: Actions on the Sequencer "LOOP" and "PATTERNS" switches can be recorded as MIDI CONTROL CHANGE messages and replayed.
- Compressor module: The Origin sounds can now be processed through a brand new compressor FX module. The compressor allows adding dynamics to the sound, from smooth attacks to huge pumping effects.
- Sample & Hold module: Derived from the ARP S&H. Takes any modulation (LFO, Env, etc.) signal at its inputs and provides a sample and hold modulation signal at its outputs.
- User Interface enhancements:
- In a number of dialogs possibility to navigate between the controls and change their value without pre-selecting them.
- Possibility to select the slot preset to load using the keypad + the edit switch. Previously it was necessary to use the browser to load a slot preset.
- A new layout of the dialog makes configuration of the "live" macros easier.
- The user can now define a set of favorite presets and navigate thru them with the Preset Browser.
- A clear feedback – using speaker icons - of the mute state of a Voice output on the FxMixer page, of the slot output on the Multi page and on the program icon in the preset bar.
- Possibility to set 2 or more MULTI slots in the hold state in a single action by keeping their "Edit" switches pressed when "Hold" is set ON (or OFF).
- Portamento glide time: Adding of a second way to manage the portamento glide time: the user can now choose between a constant time for the whole glide, or a constant time per semitone.
- Switch pedal: It is now possible to configure the switch pedal action in the "Performance" page.
The Origin Firmware 1.3 is available as a free update, and comes embedded in the new Origin Keyboards and Origin Desktops. This upgrade is free for all Origin customers.