Arturia Moog Modular V v2.0 released
25th August 2004
25th August 2004
Arturia have released the v2.0 update for Moog Modular V. Upgrade to version 2 is a free download for all registered users of the Moog Modular V or you can purchase the CD and the manual at a special upgrade price (10 € / $12).
What's new in Moog Modular V2?
- One unique scrollable view to overlook the entire synth.
- Some of the modules are now interchangeable, allowing to configure - to a certain extent - the Modular the desired way.
- Improvements on the oscillators (new free running), on the filters (better response to modulations), on the envelopes (faster and even closer to true analogical behaviour).
- New Unison mode.
- New Audio-In possibilities.
- The Soft-clipping emulation is now done on each mixer and not systematically on all of them, which saves on CPU load.
- 1630 Bode Frequency Shifter. Developed under the Moog license by Harold Bode in 1964, it is extremely rare (a dozen Worldwide).
- 928 Sample and hold is also very rare. Originally assembled in a separate cabinet, it was adapted on the last modular series, in the late 70's.
- 912 Envelope follower (or Schmit Trigger). One of the most popular modules on the Moog systems, it was often added to original configuration to create complex modulation through the use of an output signal.
- 12 stage phaser. The Moog 12 Stage Phaser was very well known, and originally conceived as an external rack to the Modular systems.
- Formant Filter. A new module developed by Arturia, which did not exist on the original Moog systems. It allows the filtering of sounds according to the formants a, e, i, o, u.
- Ring Modulator. Also a new module developed by Arturia, it creates very metallic sounds.
- 200 new presets to provide optimal use of the new modules.
Other Related News
06 Jun 2014 Arturia releases "VOX Continental V" for Mac & Win06 May 2014 Arturia releases Spark 2 Drum Machine Software05 May 2014 #KVRDeal Expired Arturia Spark2 Introductory Promotions25 Apr 2014 Arturia releases BeatStep Sequencer/Controller07 Apr 2014 Arturia updates iSEM for iPad to v1.0.212 Mar 2014 Arturia announces KeyLab 88 Keyboard Controller12 Mar 2014 Arturia announces VOX Continental-V12 Mar 2014 Arturia announces MiniBrute SE - Analogue MonoSynth23 Jan 2014 Arturia announces Spark 2 (Software)23 Jan 2014 Arturia announces BeatStep Controller & Sequencer (Hardware)22 Jan 2014 Arturia updates Analog Lab to v1.117 Dec 2013 #KVRDeal Expired Arturia V Collection 3.0 50% Off19 Nov 2013 Arturia releases KeyLab Keyboard Controllers02 Nov 2013 #KVRDeal Expired Arturia Holiday Season Deals24 Oct 2013 Arturia releases MicroBrute Analog Synthesizer15 Oct 2013 Arturia releases iSEM for iPad18 Sep 2013 Arturia updates Jupiter-8V to v2.5.5 and Analog Lab to v1.0.526 Jul 2013 Arturia updates Spark Creative Drum Machine to v1.728 Jun 2013 Arturia announces Pro Tools 11 compatibility with AAX Updater15 May 2013 Arturia updates Oberheim SEM V to v1.1.6 and Wurlitzer-V to v1.0.5
26 Jun 2014 #KVRDeal Expired Musicrow Analog Sound Collection for Arturia synthesizers is 40% off for one week26 Mar 2014 Mabelton Audio releases Ableton Push VST Integration Packs13 Sep 2012 Musicrow releases "Analog Sound Collection" for Arturia synths07 Jun 2012 Joe Satriani - Balancing Real-time with Non Real-time in the Real World17 Mar 2008 Musicrow releases Modular Dreams for Moog Modular V