9th October 2008
Arturia has announced that Origin, the company's first hardware synthesizer, is now shipping.
"We are extremely proud to be shipping Origin", says Frédéric Brun, President of Arturia. "The project has taken much longer than we initially thought and, since we had announced the product early, Origin has been eagerly awaited by the market. In the end, taking more time has proven necessary to foster quality and details."
"During the last 4 years, Arturia has been dedicated to bringing a synthesizer that would be both innovative and powerful. At the same time, the company wanted to offer a simple, enjoyable and straightforward experience to the musician. We truly believe that we have achieved that and look forward to people seeing Origin in action."
Origin goes beyond the traditional definition of synthesizers. It is a hardware DSP system that houses several synthesizers in one machine. Some of these synths come from the past, such as the Minimoog, some are totally new and innovative.
Loaded with modules extracted from the best synthesizers of all time, Origin lets you combine these modules and take advantage of the additional possibilities put onboard.
The result: a new type of sound accessible through an extremely intuitive interface.
- Create your own synthesis patch by connecting independent modules. These modules are either innovative modules Arturia introduced (such as Galaxy) or taken from the best synthesizers ever made (such as the Moog Modular, the Yamaha CS-80, the Roland Jupiter-8, the Minimoog, the ARP 2600, the Sequential Circuits Prophet 5 and Prophet VS).
- Alternatively, use an existing synthesizer recreation: the Minimoog, the ARP 2600*, the Jupiter-8* or the Prophet 5*.
- TAE engine in a hardware chassis. 24 bits/44.1 kHz supported.
- High-Quality Real time Effects: Phaser, Chorus, Delay, Reverb, Distortion, Parametric EQ*, Bit Crusher*.
- 500 presets created by a selection of international sound designers.
- 16/32 step advanced sequencer allowing you to program three sub-sequences at a time and to perform live.
- Multi mode allowing you to play 4 instruments at a time, for example a Minimoog, a Jupiter-8*, a modular patch and an ARP 2600*.
- Creative Macros, advanced LFOs, innovative modulation sources, different Joystick modes.
- Advanced Preset browser.
- Analog Audio Connectivity: 2 audio ins, 10 audio outs.
- Digital Audio: SPDIF out, USB 2.0.
- Built-in expression pedal and footswitch control inputs.
- MIDI: In, Out, Thru or USB 2.
- Up to 32 voices of polyphony.
- Also a MIDI controller offering 33 encoders, 21 potentiometers and 1 joystick.
- Ergonomic hardware design and quality manufacturing in France and Germany.
- Origin lets you open dedicated software on your Mac and PC in the form of Origin Connection an ergonomic application allowing to archive preset, exchange data, upgrade firmware**.
- 160 pages manual in English.
Pricing & Availability
Origin is now shipping. It has an MSRP of $3,200 / €2,490.
* To be delivered later on as a free upgrade.
** With a future update to the Origin line, you will also be able to open dedicated software on your Mac and PC and use the instrument as an AU or VST plug-in. Unfortunately this feature isn't available with this initial release of Origin (and will not be available for some time).
19 Nov 2013 Arturia releases KeyLab Keyboard Controllers
02 Nov 2013 Arturia Holiday Season Deals
24 Oct 2013 Arturia releases MicroBrute Analog Synthesizer
15 Oct 2013 Arturia releases iSEM for iPad
05 Apr 2013 Arturia ships Spark EDM and EDM Expansion Pack
01 Apr 2013 Arturia releases iMini for iPad
14 Nov 2012 Arturia releases SPARK DubStep