Arturia has announced the availability of Spark, its new creative drum machine, combining the intuitive hands on control of hardware with the power and integration of software.
By using analog synthesis and physical modelling as well as samples, Spark's sound engine opens a new realm of possibilities in drum design. Subtle fine tuning or dramatic transformations are available instantly at your fingertips, making Spark a flexible and intuitive instrument.
Spark not only integrates seamlessly into any studio configuration, it is also perfect for live performance, thanks to uniquely designed controls such as the FX Pad with filtering and slicing modes, or the advanced Looper.
Spark is loaded with thirty different kits offering emulation of famous drum machines, virtual acoustic drum sets and innovative sounding beatboxes.
- 480 Instruments / 30 Kits:
- Vintage drum machines: Analog emulations of the TR-808, TR-909, Simmons SDS-V, and Eprom based LinnDrum, Drumtraks, DMX, and more*.
- Electronic kits covering the most popular modern music styles: Dub, House, Techno, Hip Hop, RnB... as well as experimental fields thanks to the physical modelling engine.
- Acoustic drum kits subtly mixing physical modelling and samples for high audio realism.
- Pristine quality sound engines including: TAE Analog synthesis, Multi layered sampling delivered by reference third-party companies, Physical modelling.
- FX Pad with Repeat, Tape, Reverse, Strobe, Pan, Mix, 3 mode Filter and Roller.
- Advanced Loop mode with divide and move functions.
- Real-time automation on all parameters.
- 16 track mixer with 9 high quality effects: compressor, reverb, bit crusher, multiband EQ, chorus, delay, distortion, phaser, plate reverb.
- Song Mode with up to 64 patterns by song.
- Shuffle and Shift modes to humanize grooves.
- 16 key – 64 step sequencer.
- 8 velocity sensitive pads.
- Touch sensitive FX Pad.
- 30 knobs for in-depth and immediate sound control.
- Aluminum enclosure.
- Works as a universal MIDI controller towards any third-party software.
Pricing & Availability
Spark has an MSRP of $599 / €499. The software is available for Windows and Mac OS X in VST, AU and RTAS instrument plug-in formats.