The Audacity Team has announced the release of Audacity 2.0.1 for Windows, Mac, GNU/Linux, and other operating systems. Among several improvements, keyboard shortcuts can now be allocated to effects, and Nyquist plug-ins can be added to Chains.
- Selection Toolbar: a value for the previous whole second displayed if the value was close to a whole second.
- Finding zero crossings could cause the selection to expand into white space at either side of the clip.
- Clips did not drag to another track if mouse was over a selection.
- Mixer Board: Rendering four tracks resulted in a redundant Track Strip followed by a crash.
Imports, Exports and Files:
- Exporting to WAV or AIFF led to a "Libsndfile says" error or corrupted output due to order of metadata in imported files.
- (Mac) Fixed crashes importing MP3 files on PPC machines.
- (Linux Ubuntu) .Aup files could not be associated with Audacity (they opened in the web browser instead).
Effects and Analysis:
- Normalize: Fixed issues where normalization could be to wrong value if applied with DC offset correction, or if applied to "read-directly" WAV and AIFF files before On-Demand completed.
- Sliding Time Scale: fixed an audible discontinuity at the beginning of the processed selection; fixed a serious quality problem on Linux 64-bit.
Other miscellaneous bug fixes:
- including fix to prevent zooming with mouse wheel or ball scrolling the content off-screen.
Other changes and Improvements:
- Shortcuts can now be added in Keyboard Preferences to items in the Generate, Effect or Analyze menus, including user-added plug-ins.
- Nyquist Effect plug-ins can now be added to Chains.
- New "Paulstretch" effect for extreme slowdown without pitch change.
- New "Sample Data Export" Analyze effect for exporting a file containing amplitude values for each sample in the selection.
- New Preference (off by default) to import files On-Demand (without seek ability) when using the optional FFmpeg library.
- New Preference (off by default) to retain labels when deleting a selection that snaps to the label without extending past it.
- (Windows installer) New option to reset Preferences on next launch.
- (Mac) Audacity now has excellent compatibility with the VoiceOver screen reader. For details, please see manual.audacityteam.org/accessibility.html#mac.
- CleanSpeech Mode (no longer supported) will not now be enabled even if it was enabled by an earlier version of Audacity.
- Added Serbian (Latin and Cyrillic) translations.