2nd July 2012
The Audacity Team has announced the release of Audacity 2.0.1 for Windows, Mac, GNU/Linux, and other operating systems. Among several improvements, keyboard shortcuts can now be allocated to effects, and Nyquist plug-ins can be added to Chains.
- Selection Toolbar: a value for the previous whole second displayed if the value was close to a whole second.
- Finding zero crossings could cause the selection to expand into white space at either side of the clip.
- Clips did not drag to another track if mouse was over a selection.
- Mixer Board: Rendering four tracks resulted in a redundant Track Strip followed by a crash.
Imports, Exports and Files:
- Exporting to WAV or AIFF led to a "Libsndfile says" error or corrupted output due to order of metadata in imported files.
- (Mac) Fixed crashes importing MP3 files on PPC machines.
- (Linux Ubuntu) .Aup files could not be associated with Audacity (they opened in the web browser instead).
Effects and Analysis:
- Normalize: Fixed issues where normalization could be to wrong value if applied with DC offset correction, or if applied to "read-directly" WAV and AIFF files before On-Demand completed.
- Sliding Time Scale: fixed an audible discontinuity at the beginning of the processed selection; fixed a serious quality problem on Linux 64-bit.
Other miscellaneous bug fixes:
- including fix to prevent zooming with mouse wheel or ball scrolling the content off-screen.
Other changes and Improvements:
- Shortcuts can now be added in Keyboard Preferences to items in the Generate, Effect or Analyze menus, including user-added plug-ins.
- Nyquist Effect plug-ins can now be added to Chains.
- New "Paulstretch" effect for extreme slowdown without pitch change.
- New "Sample Data Export" Analyze effect for exporting a file containing amplitude values for each sample in the selection.
- New Preference (off by default) to import files On-Demand (without seek ability) when using the optional FFmpeg library.
- New Preference (off by default) to retain labels when deleting a selection that snaps to the label without extending past it.
- (Windows installer) New option to reset Preferences on next launch.
- (Mac) Audacity now has excellent compatibility with the VoiceOver screen reader. For details, please see manual.audacityteam.org/accessibility.html#mac.
- CleanSpeech Mode (no longer supported) will not now be enabled even if it was enabled by an earlier version of Audacity.
- Added Serbian (Latin and Cyrillic) translations.
22 Oct 2013 Audacity updated to v2.0.5
09 Sep 2013 Audacity updated to v2.0.4
23 Jan 2013 Audacity updated to v2.0.3
13 Sep 2012 Audacity updated to v2.0.2
02 Jul 2012 Audacity updated to v2.0.1
14 Mar 2012 Audacity 2.0 Released
18 Jan 2012 Audacity 1.3.14 Beta Now Available
12 Apr 2011 Audacity 1.3.13 Beta Now Available
19 Jan 2010 Audacity 1.3.11 Beta Now Available
02 Dec 2009 Audacity v1.3.10 Beta Now Available
01 Sep 2009 Audacity v1.3.9 Beta Released
21 Jul 2009 Audacity v1.3.8 Beta released
29 Jan 2009 Audacity v1.3.7 Beta Now Available
25 Oct 2008 Audacity v1.3.6 Beta released
08 May 2008 Audacity v1.3.5 beta now available
14 Nov 2007 Audacity v1.3.4 (beta) released
19 May 2007 Audacity v1.3.3 (beta) released
16 Nov 2006 Audacity updated to v1.2.6