13th September 2012
Audacity was recently updated to version 2.0.2. A significant bug that caused clicks on split lines has been fixed, and there are improvements to several toolbars and to some Nyquist effects.
- "Retain labels" Interface Preference did not retain labels for a region that snapped exactly to both label edges.
- Projects did not save the track selected state.
- (OS X, Linux) Timer Record: Interlinking of the Start, End and Duration controls was broken.
- (Windows) JAWS screen-reader did not read the "Draw curves" and "Graphic EQ" radio buttons in Equalization correctly.
- Envelopes and Clips: Exporting (or any render operation) on a track containing split lines could create clicks at the split lines.
- Effects and Analysis: Normalize could crash if the track name contained "%".
Changes and Improvements:
- Duration controls when generating at a point now default to hh:mm:ss + milliseconds format. Selection Toolbar also defaults to that format on first installation or resetting preferences.
- Toolbars visual improvements:
- "Snap To" in Selection Toolbar now has an explanatory tooltip.
- Device Toolbar tooltips now display the selected device.
- Increased default width of Device Toolbar and Meter Toolbar.
- Improvements and some bug fixes to Nyquist effects, including:
- Delay (new option to prevent duration change).
- Sample Data Export (new "L-R on Same Line" layout option).
- Risset Drum (new "Amplitude" slider).
- Importing a labels file writes the file name to the name of the Label Track, and exporting a labels file offers the name of the last Label Track in the project.
- Removed the "Audio cache" option from Directories Preferences due to frequent crash reports. All data operations will now be written to disk and not to RAM.
- Removed the FFmpeg "On-Demand" option from Libraries Preferences (this fixes Audacity not building if configured --without-ffmpeg).
- Compilation: Progress on making the Modules feature mainstream. Modules can now be individually enabled and disabled in Preferences.
22 Oct 2013 Audacity updated to v2.0.5
09 Sep 2013 Audacity updated to v2.0.4
23 Jan 2013 Audacity updated to v2.0.3
13 Sep 2012 Audacity updated to v2.0.2
02 Jul 2012 Audacity updated to v2.0.1
14 Mar 2012 Audacity 2.0 Released
18 Jan 2012 Audacity 1.3.14 Beta Now Available
12 Apr 2011 Audacity 1.3.13 Beta Now Available
19 Jan 2010 Audacity 1.3.11 Beta Now Available
02 Dec 2009 Audacity v1.3.10 Beta Now Available
01 Sep 2009 Audacity v1.3.9 Beta Released
21 Jul 2009 Audacity v1.3.8 Beta released
29 Jan 2009 Audacity v1.3.7 Beta Now Available
25 Oct 2008 Audacity v1.3.6 Beta released
08 May 2008 Audacity v1.3.5 beta now available
14 Nov 2007 Audacity v1.3.4 (beta) released
19 May 2007 Audacity v1.3.3 (beta) released
16 Nov 2006 Audacity updated to v1.2.6