22nd October 2013
Audacity has been updated to v2.0.5. It fixes crashes or hangs that were reported in Audacity 2.0.4 on some machines, and contains many other bug fixes and stability improvements.
- (OS X) Crashes when importing audio files are fixed.
- (OS X) Files can now be opened using Finder "Open with", and by double-click or dragging to the Audacity icon.
- (OS X) Audio Unit plug-ins are not loaded until used. This makes Audacity start faster and avoids startup crashes due to incompatible plug-ins.
- (Windows) On a very few machines, the Windows WDM-KS low latency host caused Audacity 2.0.4 to hang or the computer to crash. WDM-KS has been removed from Audacity 2.0.5 while we work on safely enabling this host. WDM-KS will still be available for testing in the Windows alpha development builds.
- (Windows) Fixed a bug where Audacity would not record until the current input was reselected.
- (Linux) You can now navigate through an effect or other dialog using keyboard TAB.
Other bugs have been fixed, notably shaped dither being too loud, as detailed in the 2.0.5 Release Notes.