19th January 2010
The Audacity Team has announced the release of Audacity v1.3.11 Beta for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux/Unix. This release fixes a number of bugs reported in 1.3.10. 1.3.11 has provisional support for Windows 7 and is also strongly recommended for Windows Vista and Mac OS X 10.6, rather than 1.2 Stable.
Summary of Changes
Imports and Exports:
- Bug when exporting partial selections caused too much audio to be exported is fixed.
- Fix corrupt files exported through FFmpeg when metadata included (metadata is now exported correctly in M4A files).
- Prevent saving a new Audacity Project over an existing one as this could corrupt both projects.
- Improved help for files that cannot be imported because the relevant optional library is missing.
- Allow effects which change the length of the audio they work on to also be applied to selected label tracks, thus keeping them synchronized.
- Fixed inability in Nyquist plug-ins to add labels to an existing label track.
- (Mac) Equalization window was corrupted after Preview.
- (Linux 64-bit) Fixed crash Generating Click Track.
- Fixed bug causing recording to stop short when the recording sample rate is not supported by the sound device and libsamplerate is used for resampling.
- Fix crash when opening Preferences on a machine where there are no available audio devices.
- Fixes for bugs using Timer Record and Sound Activated Recording.
- Sizes of some dialogs adjusted to ensure they fit on the screen.
- Fix for supposedly "hidden" items appearing on screen with large monitors.
- Various keyboard shortcut and translation fixes.
Other bug fixes:
- Several timing-dependent crashes and minor incorrect behaviours have been fixed.
- Windows installer now installs correctly over previous versions of Audacity.
Changes and improvements:
- (Windows) Better icon file with higher resolution and transparency.
- New SoundFinder plug-in to label regions of audio between silences, so allowing silences between tracks to be excluded when exporting multiple.