29th November 2005
Changes in Audacity v1.2.4:
- The File menu now includes a list of recent files.
- The "Generate Silence" effect now prompts for a length.
- Audacity is now built with Vorbis 1.1, which features better encoding quality and file compression.
- Dragging sound files into the Audacity window now works on Mac OS X and Linux, as well as Windows.
- Better support for certain audio devices on Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger".
- The "View History" window can now discard old undo levels to save disk space on Windows. (This previously worked only on Linux and Mac.)
- "Preferences" command is now in Edit menu.
- "Plot Spectrum" command is now in Analyze menu.
- Opening a project file saved by a later version of Audacity displays an intelligent error message. Also, trying to import a project file (instead of open it) displays an intelligent error message.
- Audacity now compiles in Visual C++ .NET 2003.
- Other minor bug fixes.
- New or updated translations: Arabic (ar), Czech (cs), Finnish (fi), Hungarian (hu), Japanese (ja), Norwegian (nb), Slovenian (sl), Simplified Chinese (zh_CN), Traditional Chinese (zh_TW).
The new features in Audacity v1.3 have been grouped into the following six major categories. Click on the links below for more information.