29th November 2005
Changes in Audacity v1.2.4:
- The File menu now includes a list of recent files.
- The "Generate Silence" effect now prompts for a length.
- Audacity is now built with Vorbis 1.1, which features better encoding quality and file compression.
- Dragging sound files into the Audacity window now works on Mac OS X and Linux, as well as Windows.
- Better support for certain audio devices on Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger".
- The "View History" window can now discard old undo levels to save disk space on Windows. (This previously worked only on Linux and Mac.)
- "Preferences" command is now in Edit menu.
- "Plot Spectrum" command is now in Analyze menu.
- Opening a project file saved by a later version of Audacity displays an intelligent error message. Also, trying to import a project file (instead of open it) displays an intelligent error message.
- Audacity now compiles in Visual C++ .NET 2003.
- Other minor bug fixes.
- New or updated translations: Arabic (ar), Czech (cs), Finnish (fi), Hungarian (hu), Japanese (ja), Norwegian (nb), Slovenian (sl), Simplified Chinese (zh_CN), Traditional Chinese (zh_TW).
The new features in Audacity v1.3 have been grouped into the following six major categories. Click on the links below for more information.
22 Oct 2013 Audacity updated to v2.0.5
09 Sep 2013 Audacity updated to v2.0.4
23 Jan 2013 Audacity updated to v2.0.3
13 Sep 2012 Audacity updated to v2.0.2
02 Jul 2012 Audacity updated to v2.0.1
14 Mar 2012 Audacity 2.0 Released
18 Jan 2012 Audacity 1.3.14 Beta Now Available
12 Apr 2011 Audacity 1.3.13 Beta Now Available
19 Jan 2010 Audacity 1.3.11 Beta Now Available
02 Dec 2009 Audacity v1.3.10 Beta Now Available
01 Sep 2009 Audacity v1.3.9 Beta Released
21 Jul 2009 Audacity v1.3.8 Beta released
29 Jan 2009 Audacity v1.3.7 Beta Now Available
25 Oct 2008 Audacity v1.3.6 Beta released
08 May 2008 Audacity v1.3.5 beta now available
14 Nov 2007 Audacity v1.3.4 (beta) released
19 May 2007 Audacity v1.3.3 (beta) released
16 Nov 2006 Audacity updated to v1.2.6