The Audacity Team has announced the release of Audacity v1.3.10 Beta for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux/Unix. This release removes a significant number of crash or freeze problems and other major bugs. Version 1.3.10 is strongly recommended for users on Windows Vista and 7, rather than 1.2.6 Stable.
Summary of Changes in v1.3.10
Imports/Exports bug fixes:
- Freeze importing audio files in Pitch (EAC) view.
- Corrupted WAV or AIFF imports and WMA exports.
- Metadata Editor appeared before the Export window.
Effects bug fixes:
- Crash/hang using Equalization; errors in Reverse and Truncate Silence.
- Nyquist: Excessive memory consumption; errors in European locales; inaccurate text box values.
- VST effects remained in menu when no longer available.
Other bug fixes:
- Spurious "not writable/disk full" errors when saving projects.
- Desynchronized playback/data loss when using multiple tracks.
- Crash opening Preferences when no valid devices present.
- (Windows) Audacity sometimes did not come up on top at launch.
- (Linux) Crash when undoing or redoing label edits.
- Improved copying/pasting of label-with-audio and system clipboard text.
- Contrast Tool now modeless, intuitive handling of multiple project windows, various other improvements.