The Audacity Team have announced the release of Audacity v1.3.4 (beta), which includes several new features and user interface improvements, such as:
- New Welcome Screen with introduction to Audacity.
- New 'Mix and Render to New Track' command.
- Support for VAMP audio analysis plug-ins.
- More keyboard shortcuts and navigation.
- Reworked solo/mute handling.
- New preference: Select all audio in project, if none selected (on by default).
- New preference: Beep on completion of longer activities.
- Envelopes: Many fixes when copying, pasting, or repeating.
- Many translation updates.
- Metadata editor added for OGG, FLAC and WAV/AIFF exports. Metadata import improved.
- Muted tracks are no longer audible in the exported mix.
- Improvements to latency correction.
Note that this release is for Windows and Linux/Unix only. The latest Audacity beta for Mac OS is version 1.3.3.