11th January 2010
Audio Damage has announced the release of its first instrument plug-in: Tattoo, a drum synthesizer where "everything old is new again". Featuring 12 independent "voice-tuned" synthesizer topologies loosely based on the X0X series, and a sophisticated step/mod sequencer, Tattoo is at home in all forms of electronic music production.
- 12 Drum Synths: Tattoo comes equipped with twelve different voices, utilizing Audio Damage's custom D-Plane synthesis, rather than the one general catch-all voice you find in most drum synth plug-ins.
- Sophisticated Step Sequencer: Tattoo's internal sequencer comes correct, taking grid programming "to the next level".
- Randomization For Days: There are multiple routes to randomizing your beats, from subtle ghost notes to full on haywire.
- Parameter Sequencing: Every synth parameter has its own sequencer, including randomization.
- Synchronized: Tattoo can run off its internal sequencer, from host sync, or via "note sync," where the sequencer can be stepped with MIDI notes. In this way, Tattoo can run in any time signature you can come up with, or sync to any groove template in any host sequencer.
- MIDI Input: Tattoo's MIDI implementation includes full MIDI learn for all parameters and MIDI pattern switching. You can also use MIDI note input in addition to or instead of Tattoo's internal sequencer, and still have access to the randomization features and MOD sequencing.
- MIDI Output: Tattoo sends MIDI output of all its note events, including randomization, so you can use its step sequencer to drive any other drum synth or sampler (or any instrument, really) as long as your host allows MIDI routing from a plug-in instrument.
- Audio Outputs: Tattoo has six stereo outputs. The first buss has a modified version of the Kombinat "One Knob Compressor" to add a little (or a lot of) squish to things.
Pricing & Availability
Tattoo is available now for Mac OS X and Windows in VST and AU instrument plug-in formats. It costs $79.
31 Aug 2012 Audio Damage updates Axon for Mac to v1.2.1
18 Jan 2011 Audio Damage releases Phosphor - Additive Synth
21 Oct 2010 Audio Damage updates Axon to v1.1.1
20 Sep 2010 Audio Damage updates Axon to v1.1
20 Jan 2010 Audio Damage updates Tattoo to v1.0.3