17th August 2010
Audio Pluggers has announced the release of a beta version of K-Meter, a new AU plug-in for Mac OS X.
By using the K-System and K-Meter, audio engineers can ensure that their mixes reproduce accurately on a variety of playback systems, from theaters to MP3 players. K-Meter's perceived loudness meter models the ear's sensitivity to different frequencies, giving you a much more accurate indication of loudness than conventional meters. Combine this with the ability to detect inter-sample peaks, and you can be confident that your mixes are of the highest quality.
- Built from the ground up around the K-System.
- Upsampled (up to 4 times) peak detection that discovers inter-sample peaks.
- RMS and LKFS (ITU-R BS.1770-1) meters. LKFS meters model perceived loudness, taking into account the ear's sensitivity to different frequencies.
- High quality pink noise generator for monitor calibration.
- Clip indicators with user controlled clip sensitivity.
- Supports 32-bit and 64-bit DAWs.
- SIMD optimizations that utilize AltiVec and SSE when available.
K-Meter is an Audio Unit plug-in compatible with DAWs such as Apple Logic Pro and GarageBand. The plug-in is a Universal Binary compatible with 32-bit and 64-bit DAWs on Intel and PPC processors. K-Meter requires Mac OS X v10.5.7 or greater.
Pricing and Availability
K-Meter will be available for $50 when released; however, the beta version is available immediately for the reduced price of $25.