Audiofile Engineering has acquired Quiztones, an ear training application for audio professionals and musicians, and released it as an App for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Quiztones founder Dan Comerchero has joined Audiofile Engineering as a Product Manager.
Quiztones is designed to train the ears to instantly and intuitively recognize frequencies. This is useful for tasks like mixing, adjusting EQ settings, and identifying and eliminating feedback. The application uses various quizzes to engage users in training exercises from simple frequency tones and pink noise to real-world sounds like frequency-altered drums, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, bass and vocals.
Quiztones is designed to:
- Sharpen frequency recognition skills.
- Improve mixing and EQ skills.
- Prevent noise build-up in mixes and recordings.
- Identify and eliminate feedback on stage.
- Eliminate the need for time-consuming frequency sweeping.
Quiztones requires iOS 4.0 or later on an iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad and is available through iTunes for $2.99.