Audiofile Engineering has released Triumph, the sequel to their Wave Editor audio editing application. Available as an app for Mac OS X, it has a newly redesigned interface and a host of new features and functionality.
Musicians and audio professionals who are already fans of Audiofile Engineering's Wave Editor will see Triumph's single window and full screen support, and experience the completely rewritten audio system and the significantly improved arrangement and mastering features, all fully 64-bit.
Triumph features a patented method for editing audio: Layers. It's similar to image editing in technique, but is specifically tailored for audio. The Layers method is a way to create combinations of sounds. It is designed to save time by keeping everything live and editable until the final product and results in less guesswork and more speed.
Key new features:
- Redesigned Meters inspired by the UI from Spectre, Audiofile Engineering's real-time analysis application.
- Auto Save & Versions - automatically save your projects with browse history.
- Multi-Touch Gestures.
- Full Apple Script Support for complex workflows, automation and interacting with other applications.
- Actions for a clean, uncluttered interface and intuitive workflow.
- Effects Groups - save a group of Effects including their settings for use on future projects.
- Effects Automation – new Shapes feature can automate the parameters of an effect.
- High performance scrubbing and innovative FHX headphone listening plug-in.
- Hardware Output & Channel Mapping for greatly improved system configuration.
- Full Support for iXML.
- Support for Retina displays.
- Analog Simulation.
Audiofile Engineering has teamed up with iZotope and now includes iZotope Restore & Restoration as well as the advanced iZotope MBIT+ and 64-bit SRC options for disc burning in Triumph.
Price: $79.99. Available via Audiofile Engineering's online store and is on sale for $59.99, 25% off the regular price of $79.99, through November 16th. Users who purchased Wave Editor 1.5 on or after May 1st, 2012, may request a license key for Triumph 2.0 at no charge.