27th January 2010
Audiofile Engineering has updated Sample Manager to v3.2.0, adding several new features and enhancements.
Dramatic speed and performance improvements
Smoother and faster performance, new contextual menu items for more elegant workflows, support for the Digidesign 'regn' extension in WAVE and AIFF files, greatly improved manual activation process for computers that aren't online, support for various split file formats and more.
Process with Effect - support for both Audio Units and VST plug-ins
You can now user your favorite VST effects to process files. The old "Process with Audio Unit" action now supports both Audio Units and VST effects and now is simply called "Process with Effect".
Audio File First Aid
Have you ever discovered an audio file that doesn't load in your favorite DAW, or sampler? Or, perhaps after digging out your favorite recording from the archives you discover that something has gone wrong with the audio files themselves? Audio File First Aid will give you new insight into the structure of your files, giving you the power to diagnose and repair the most common causes of corrupt audio files.
You can now use the Calculate command to analyze files at the sample level. Results include difference (phase correlation), clipped sample count, positive maximum, negative maximum, peak-to-peak, average, DC offset, crest factor and form factor. The sortable results are displayed in the Details pane.
User-customizable split-file naming support
Have a need to save split-files using a specific naming convention? Use the brand new Preferences pane to create your own customized Schemes for how split-files are named, from the most common to the most obscure. Then use the Convert Format action to implement the split-file naming scheme.
That's Not All
Other new features in this release include better memory usage, support for metadata in FLAC exports, user preferences for converting ReCycle files to either Apple Loops or ACID files when added to the list, and more.
Changes in v3.2:
- Added Audio File First Aid.
- Added Native support for VST plugins in "Process with Effect" action.
- Audio Units and VSTs that don't match channel counts can now be used.
- Added Calculate command.
- Added Preferences for split-file naming scheme (implemented in "Convert Format" action).
- Fully Snow Leopard compatible.
- Updated iZotope resampler.
- Updated iZotope MBIT+ dither.
- Help Desk improvements.
- Improved manual activation system.
- Improved definitions of "bad" files:
- A file missing required data is considered "bad".
- A file not able to be appended to is considered "bad", but is readable and playable.
- All other files are read as best as possible and not considered "bad".
- "Repair" > "Diagnose".
- Improved files table behavior with regards to selected items.
- Preference for re-scanning the files in the file list when the application comes to the front.
- ReCycle format files are now converted to Apple Loops or ACID before loading into the file list (user preference).
- Support for metadata in "Export As FLAC" action.
- Numerous performance improvements.
- Numerous bug fixes.
19 Dec 2012 Audiofile Engineering Holiday Sale
17 Jun 2011 Audiofile Engineering releases Quiztones iOS App