After AudioWind, AudioRain and AudioMotors, AudioGaming will release in early April its new AudioSteps plug-in. It is based on Audiogaming's advanced real-time audio manipulation tools, coupled with a large and high-definition footstep sound library recorded with DPA precision microphones (more than 100,000 files were recorded to produce AudioSteps). The library includes large numbers of high quality recordings per combination, 7 surfaces and 6 types of shoes allowing real-time adaptation of sounds to fit most of audio post-production needs.
AudioSteps offers instant sounding of any media material involving footsteps. Available in most standard industry formats (Mac/PC, VST/RTAS/AU), AudioSteps offers a wide range of controls that allow sound designers to shape their footstep sounds to match almost any kind of situation. Coming by default with around 40 variations for each footstep sound type, professionals have instant access to over 20 combinations plus additional presets creating endless possibilities. AudioSteps has a unique feature that enables sound designers to adjust the virtual recording microphone perspective as well as the perceived distance. It also includes the possibility of adding additional footstep databases that will soon populate AudioGaming's catalog as well as the unique possibility of requesting custom databases specifically tailored to specific needs and specifications.
AudioSteps will be available in two flavors: free with no limitations but with only one databank, or commercially licensed like other plug-ins with a complete databank set covering everyday needs.
- Get instantaneous hands on access to thousands of footsteps with different walking speeds, varied behaviors (walk, break, scuff, tread), and clumsiness.
- Unique recording setup control to change mic perspective and footstep perceived distance.
- Pitch control and randomization.
- Envelope control for each walking type.
- MIDI in/MIDI out for unlimited control surface possibilities as well as mixing synchronicity.
- Complete preset system to speed up recurrent work.
- Instant preview for fast browsing.
- Unique MIDI note off mode to offer instant sounding flexibility & soon to come tablet control (iOS/Android).
- VST, RTAS, AU / Windows, Mac OS X.