14th November 2006
AudioRealism has announced Bass Line 2. Amongst the new features the most important thing is the sound:
- The bass is improved for less muddiness.
- The filter has been improved to incorporate subtle nonlinear effects for additional squelch.
- The distortion unit has been improved with less aliasing.
- The controls have been calibrated to better match the response of the original.
There are also several new features:
- Pattern analyzer with Audio detection
The new pattern analyzer is a tool for editing and analyzing patterns. In further aid to help users transition their original patterns into ABL an audio detection algorithm has been devised - it can create patterns using audio files as a source. How does it work? The original patterns are recorded under certain conditions, then simply hit Detect from wave and select the audio file. ABL2 will create a pattern resembling the audio input. It is also possible to copy and paste patterns directly from, for example, a forum or e-mail, using the clipboard functions - no more saving and importing.
- Improved filter emulation
The filter has been improved so as to include the nonlinear behavior of the original. This give additional 'squelch' in fast sweeps.
- Accent ducking
On the original 303 it will take the envelope a while to 'warm up' after an accent. When the accent knob is fully counter clockwise this can be perceived as a ducking envelope. This feature is now included in ABL2.
- Pattern library
The pattern library menu allows easy access to your favorite patterns. It also possible to load several patterns in one go by selecting multiple patterns from the Load Pattern dialog.
- Two new 3D skins included
Other improved features:
- MIDI Learn function now displays all mapped CCs.
- Load multiple patterns at once.
- Preferences dialog for easier setup.
- Pattern section buttons are now MIDI assignable.
- ABL2 imports the following file formats: RBS, PH and PAT.
- PNG support for easier user skinning.
AudioRealism Bass Line 2 is expected to be released late 2006 / early 2007 with pricing to be announced. ABL1 users may upgrade for €25. All users that order(ed) ABL after October 1st, 2006 will receive the upgrade for free.
ABL 2 will be available for Windows (VST) and Mac OS X (Audio Units) (Universal Binary).
26 Apr 2010 AudioRealism Bass Line (ABL) updated to v2.5
04 Apr 2008 AudioRealism releases BassLine (ABL) v2.1.0
18 Sep 2007 AudioRealism updates ADM to v1.0.1
17 Jan 2007 AudioRealism releases Bass Line 2
21 Nov 2006 AudioRealism announces Drum Machine
14 Nov 2006 AudioRealism announces Bass Line 2